GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Dark Clouds Are Gathering - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark Clouds Are Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dark Clouds Are Gathering

Blog update time again...

Once again thank you to the site administrators for allowing me to use this thread to promote my blog.

http://debtfreethejourney.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/as-one-door-closes.html

Comment

Another week passes and there's a distinct lack of good news...

Here's the latest installment in my Journey to Financial Freedom

http://debtfreethejourney.blogspot.c...an-you-go.html

Comment

Keep going admax things always get worse before they start to get better. Hope the leg isn't to painful.
        You are in limbo land at the moment and not able to deal with things until other things happens first, this can be such a frustrating time for you. Try and stay positive and be strong, one day at a time you will get there.
        Great news on the wife's job. Loving your blog it is definately helping.
        Ps. Don't watch Jeremy Kyle it will scramble your brains.

Comment

Here's the next Blog installment folks... Enjoy!

Comment

Here we go folks... Episode 16 of our 'Journey to Financial Freedom' Please feel free to leave any comments, good or bad.

Journey to Financial Freedom - Money! Money! Money!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Hi & Welcome - quick visit sorry, gotta dash - but its fine to post a link to your blog here - so long as it's not got anything pro ... sex etc then go for it
              Spoilsport!

I'd have enjoyed reading another professional sex blog.

Comment

Another interesting read. I wish you well with CAB. They have some good people and as long as you have got the one you want, that is good.

I'm particularly pleased to see that you come across as keeping that positive attitude which I have little doubt will get you through all of this.

Re, "It's a slow old process though and realistically I can't see it becoming an income stream for at least another six months."

I hope the way you commented on fostering not becoming an income stream was just my interpretation, and not that you are fostering for the money. Forgive my saying it, but you did ask for comments.

Good luck and keep that positive attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post

Re, "It's a slow old process though and realistically I can't see it becoming an income stream for at least another six months."

I hope the way you commented on fostering not becoming an income stream was just my interpretation, and not that you are fostering for the money. Forgive my saying it, but you did ask for c
                  Thanks for your comments BBoo...

No it wasn't just your interpretation. I'll try and explain in the best way I can.

For 20 years I looked after children in the care system. This was mainly in a residential care setting. I started out as a care officer and progressed to manager of two homes before leaving the local authority and setting up two private childrens homes.

Now the reason I worked for the Local Authority for 20 years was first and foremost to earn a living wage. I didn't do it for fun and I had no moral conflicts being paid a decent wage to look after children in care. Now assuming you accept this as a legitimate way to earn a wage, all you then have to do is change the location of where the child is being looked after from a childrens home to my home. They are the same children, in fact they tend to be much more difficult children which is why an independent fostering agency is being paid a premium to look after them.

If I'm going to take the most disaffected and dysfunctional children in our society into my own home and provide them with a high standard of care and take all the problems they are going to present then I have absolutely no issues whatsoever being paid a decent wage to carry out that task. Given that I will be required to look after them 24/7, although what I'll be paid may seem a lot of money, I'm guessing if I broke it down to an hourly rate I would probably be earning about £2 an hour.

So to sum up, yes I am absolutely fostering for money and think I'm worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Admax View Post
                    Thanks for your comments BBoo...

No it wasn't just your interpretation. I'll try and explain in the best way I can.

For 20 years I looked after children in the care system. This was mainly in a residential care setting. I started out as a care officer and progressed to manager of two homes before leaving the local authority and setting up two private childrens homes.

Now the reason I worked for the Local Authority for 20 years was first and foremost to earn a living wage. I didn't do it for fun and I had no moral conflicts being paid a decent wage to look after children in care. Now assuming you accept this as a legitimate way to earn a wage, all you then have to do is change the location of where the child is being looked after from a childrens home to my home. They are the same children, in fact they tend to be much more difficult children which is why an independent fostering agency is being paid a premium to look after them.

If I'm going to take the most disaffected and dysfunctional children in our society into my own home and provide them with a high standard of care and take all the problems they are going to present then I have absolutely no issues whatsoever being paid a decent wage to carry out that task. Given that I will be required to look after them 24/7, although what I'll be paid may seem a lot of money, I'm guessing if I broke it down to an hourly rate I would probably be earning about £2 an hour.

So to sum up, yes I am absolutely fostering for money and think I'm worth every penny.
                    Hi,
                    Good luck in what you are going to do, as you know you will earn every penny, (and you will be lucky if it is £2per hour) whilst the way you have put it, to others it may sound mercenary for want of a better word, you well know it will be very hard work often with little reward but you give the children a good loving home and a chance to make a decent life for themselves. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Admax View Post

Of that I have no doubt whatsoever!

Comment

Has it really been seven weeks?

Sorry for the delay in updating my blog, but here for your unadulterated pleasure, is the latest installment in my Journey to Financial Freedom

Debt - The Journey: Life goes on...

Comment

Working...
                        X