GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Dark Clouds Are Gathering - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark Clouds Are Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dark Clouds Are Gathering

I see what you mean, that equity would get wiped out due to secured debts being..well secured lol. didnt think of it like that.

in answer to your question, im not sure either! maybe someone else will know.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Admax View Post
      Continuing with my diary of the 'Journey', here's the latest update...

http://debtfreethejourney.blogspot.c...all-steps.html

If the mods would rather I didn't use threads just to promote my Blog, then please let me know and I will stop. I don't want annoy anyone or breach forum rules in any way...
      Just read your "how did we get here" blog and it's very spooky. Echo's our situation almost to a tee, even down to the retail sector you were in.

Except you were previously a director, and I was only a manager

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
        Just read your "how did we get here" blog and it's very spooky. Echo's our situation almost to a tee, even down to the retail sector you were in.

Except you were previously a director, and I was only a manager
        Now why didn't you warn me before I took the plunge...

Comment

I understand what you mean, but I do know if I have a mortgage for £120,000 and a value of £130,000 but I also have a secured loan of £10,000 then there would be no equity in the home.

So I guess the simple question is whether a charge on the house is the same as a secured loan and if it is then there would be no equity to release. However and this was my original query. Would the debts that had charges on my house be included in the bankruptcy?

I can't think for one minute this would work, because if it did then I'm sure I would have come across it somewhere already.
          The charge goes as a second charge against the home so it depends who had first right to it I guess.

As you can prove the secure loan was there first then your solicitor will repay this with the charge being last to get paid. Once the equitable interest (house) is extinguished there is no charge as there is no security.

If you go BR all judgments go as well.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Now why didn't you warn me before I took the plunge...

I was going to say the same thing to you

Actually we were both going down hill at around the same time I'd say

Still, it's another lesson learnt as they say

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
              I was going to say the same thing to you

Actually we were both going down hill at around the same time I'd say

Still, it's another lesson learnt as they say
              Given we seem to be in identical situations, it would make sense would it not if one of us took on the other ones debts. No point in us both being miserable...

How would you like to decide, toss of a coin maybe?

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me; you can have mine too for good measure. I'll even chuck in a pack of chocolate digestives to the "winner".....
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                  Sounds reasonable to me; you can have mine too for good measure. I'll even chuck in a pack of chocolate digestives to the "winner".....
                  And I'll chuck in my ginger nuts...

Comment

You sound like that bloke on 4 rooms

Thankfully it's not allowed because I know I'd lose

Comment

Continuing with my diary of the 'Journey', here's the latest update...

http://debtfreethejourney.blogspot.c...this-sign.html

Comment

Im guessing the date is a typo?

When my wife and I decided to close down our business, we chose Wednesday 9th May 2012 as our last day of trading.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                          Im guessing the date is a typo?
                          Hmmmmm.... Nope I think it's right

Comment

ok, i got confused because the sentence was past tense, yet the date was in the future, wasnt sure if the date was wrong or the sentence was worded wrong lol

But i guess after a few days it will look right, its just me, ignore me!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              ok, i got confused because the sentence was past tense, yet the date was in the future, wasnt sure if the date was wrong or the sentence was worded wrong lol

But i guess after a few days it will look right, its just me, ignore me!
                              English grammar never was my best subject. I could well be mixing tenses and wouldn't have a clue until someone pointed it out...

Comment

haha thats fine, its a blog, at some point it will be correct,

Comment

Working...
                                X