GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Continuous phone calls, but no letters? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuous phone calls, but no letters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Continuous phone calls, but no letters?

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Well the nice scottish man who leaves a message from AIC asking to telephone regarding "personal business matters" has now decided to give up, and instead, my mother is getting 4 rings and hanging up.
    Report them.

Comment

lol it happend after she accidently answered the phone to him. he asked to speak with her, she said shes not in, im just here collecting something, he said, do you know when she will be back, she was like nope!

So hes probably got bored of leaving messages now and just trying his luck on the 4th ring, bless him, perhaps hes lonely.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Could this be about that Egg card belonging to your late father (or possibly your mother) in your other thread which was sold to Barclaycard recently?
        PlanB you must be psychic or something.

Mother got a statement from BC today regarding her BC account, i thought thats strange its been sold on? after digging out all the paperwork, it turns out it was the Egg account thats been sold to Allied!

It seems after i questioned the DN they serverd the sold the debt on to avoid having to deal with it, so! looks like something very fishy has gone on here, perhaps Allied havent written because they cant, being as my fathers dead, and continue to hassle my mother to repay the debt lol.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

lol it happend after she accidently answered the phone to him. he asked to speak with her, she said shes not in, im just here collecting something, he said, do you know when she will be back, she was like nope!

So hes probably got bored of leaving messages now and just trying his luck on the 4th ring, bless him, perhaps hes lonely.
          Whatever their reason might be, it is plainly annoying for the caller to let it ring four times, hand up and to do the same repeatedly.

Does she have an answering device on the 'phone? If so, set it to cut in after one or two rings.

Comment

PlanB you must be psychic or something.

Mother got a statement from BC today regarding her BC account, i thought thats strange its been sold on? after digging out all the paperwork, it turns out it was the Egg account thats been sold to Allied!

It seems after i questioned the DN they serverd the sold the debt on to avoid having to deal with it, so! looks like something very fishy has gone on here, perhaps Allied havent written because they cant, being as my fathers dead, and continue to hassle my mother to repay the debt lol.

I have many strengths but sadly being psychic isn't one of them

Neither am I a medium who can connect with 'the other side' or I'd ask your late father what on earth has been going on with this Egg card nonsense.

If the account was started in his name then your mother shouldn't have paid them the £6k she's forked out so far and I would love her to get that back Wait till someone sensible comes along to advise you what to do next.

Good Luck to your Mum

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Whatever their reason might be, it is plainly annoying for the caller to let it ring four times, hand up and to do the same repeatedly.

Does she have an answering device on the 'phone? If so, set it to cut in after one or two rings.
              She does, but they ring her work phone, and sometimes she picks it up without letting it get to voicemail because its during work hours.

The phone with the caller id is in another room LOL.

Im waiting for niddys right to refuse service, or i may just buy a couple of TrueCall units for her, so the problem will soon stop anyway.
              Last edited by SXGuy; 2 March 2012, 14:45.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                [/COLOR]

I have many strengths but sadly being psychic isn't one of them

Neither am I a medium who can connect with 'the other side' or I'd ask your late father what on earth has been going on with this Egg card nonsense.

If the account was started in his name then your mother shouldn't have paid them the £6k she's forked out so far and I would love her to get that back Wait till someone sensible comes along to advise you what to do next.

Good Luck to your Mum
                Thanks! it would be great for her to get it back, i could be pulling at straws but it does stink abit, BC relieving theirselves of liability? who knows.

Comment

Working...
                X