GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script welcome finance help needed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: welcome finance help needed

Originally posted by poochie View Post
    im sure someone directed me to govan law at one point and wen i phoned them they claimed only to help people in debt with rent etc....... I will check my paperwork and e-mails...... but thanks for all help on here guys ... much appreciated
    Yep, a friend of mine OTR directed you to Govan Law - they are very good, but I remember they couldn't help you with this.

Comment

Govan are so busy, they only deal with peeps from a defined area.

Comment

they basically said because my debt involved ppi claim they cannot help and directed me to another place that couldnt help either.

I keep hitting brick wall and the FOS infuriated me by saying welcome could charge interest in all the time they refused payments from us......

Comment

Ok see what Paul says in morning - he might know someone and if not I believe mrs Dopey may do so she'll PM you separately

* Mrs D - thanks for the PM, answered your question above
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Definitely one to at least discuss with Paul I think Poochie - he really is VERY good indeed.

Comment

hello again guys...... Just an update on my situation.

Basically we are in a trust deed and the loan with welcome was secured on our property.
              We have had to sign over the rights for any ppi refund to our trust deeds which is not a problem to us, we were happy to do that, but basically we have been told, any ppi refund which does get refunded, would actually be deducted from outstanding balance of the loan anyways. So none of this was in question.

What was in question was that welcome finance were in repudiation of contract by not allowing us to honour our side of the agreement, and also asking us to sing blank forms with only higher interest rates etc on it which we refused to do........ Also the fact that they had been charging interest on our account since they stopped accepting payments from us which we did not think they could do.
              Anyways, after long battle with FOS, they basically said welcome had a right to do it, and they also had a right to hand our debt over to debt collection agency.
              As it stands just now, we have not started paying debt agency because we feel the balance they want is wrong and we are not happy about them not allowing us to make payments for long period and also that welcome finance added interest etc.

Anyways, I been speakin to trust deed advisor again, and he finally understands what our main complaint is, but its not the ppi refund.

He sent this reply today so Im hoping we hear back from them in next week or so because i am not happy about entering into an agreement with debt agency for amount we do not agree with because this means welcome will have benefitted from being in repudiation of contract.

Dear Mrs ************

Thank you for the clarification.

It may be best for you to contact the Financial Services Ombudsman again without referring to the PPI refund claim as this appears to be what has confused the issue somewhat.

From your e-mail below, your complaint is predominantly that Welcome have effectively not allowed you to make repayments and then passed the resulting arrears to a debt collection agency.

Unfortunately, as the Welcome debt is secured, it falls outwith the remit of your Trust Deeds. However, I have contacted the FSO in order to clarify that the PPI refund is a secondary issue in your complaint and that they should re-open the matter in order to address your primary complaint.

Yours,

Senior Trust Deed Administrator

If anyone can add any advice or tips etc then please feel free.......I been fighting this lot for too long now and always appreciate others advice or help.

Thanks

Comment

hello again guys..... I am taking advice of trust deed advisor and have sent e-mail to lady at FOS and am waiting her reply.

In the event of her not re-opening our complaint, can anyone recommend solicitors in scotland that would help me take welcome to court for stoppin us honouring our account with them and then them refusing to draw up a new contract with exact figures on it.
                I really feel the best way forward would be to go to court and ask a judge to sort this mess out as the stress si making me ill.

we want to pay them but feel that by entering into agreement with debt agency for the amount they asking, that we would be agreein to that figure but we are not agreeing with it......

we want to clear that debt, and get rid of welcome but we are not being folled into paying that amount...... they added interest while account was in dispute and while they stopped us makin payments......why should we be penalised for their behaviour in stoppin us makin payments.

Also, can i Subject access request them again to ask for any info they have on our account over past 3yrs and how much would that cost?
                Im only asking because my laptop broke last year and i lost a lot of letters i sent them and i think because i couldnt show FOS our attempts to make payments, I think that clouded her judgement on our complaint.....I only hade 5 letters on my new laptop to show her.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                X