GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script To F&F or not to F&F - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To F&F or not to F&F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To F&F or not to F&F

Hi Lippy, the secured loan is priority to clear. As it is secured on your property, you are unlikly to get any reduction on the debt,

the CC's are unsecured so last on the list.
    send for the CCA to see if the agreement is sound, if it is then the DCA may want quite a high F&F, if it's not then you have more chance of getting a better reduction on F&F as they will want to try and get anything back off you.

good luck NW
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers Nightwatch - Agreed the secured is the biggest monkey on our backs so as you say is its is the priority to get rid.

Ha lightbulb moment yep can see the value of CCA because most of the F&F will go on the secured loan ok I get it now so pursue the DCA's with CCA's etc to gain a better bargaining position.

Duh I'm finally starting to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by LippyKid View Post
        Thanks MrsD no haven't requested CCA's as yet, surely if payment plans are in place that means an acceptance of debt by ourselves.
        Fair point re the secured loan think I'll concentrate on that one at get it cleared and forget the DCA's at least for now.

Thanks everyone for thier help
        re the acceptance of the debt, yes you have been paying it but that dosn't mean the agreement they have is legal, eg; they may not have the agreement, it may be missing parts, if so this means that in some cases they cannot make you pay it back.

we had £95k of debt and were struggling to pay it back when hubby finished work, we would be 206 years of age before it was paid off.
        one or two creditors started to get shitty threatening to take us to court and get us thrown out of our home unless we paid more than we could afford, I found this site and life is good. they send a shitty letter I send one back, most of ours are UE and I havent paid them for 12+ months. the Enforcable ones will get a mimimum payment while I get enough to make a F&F , hope this helps
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by LippyKid View Post
          Thanks MrsD no haven't requested CCA's as yet, surely if payment plans are in place that means an acceptance of debt by ourselves.
          Fair point re the secured loan think I'll concentrate on that one at get it cleared and forget the DCA's at least for now.

Thanks everyone for thier help
          if you have a payment in place at the moment(didn't we all at one point???) yes you have accepted the debt, at the moment, however if you stop paying, send for the CCA and find that they have no agreement or a faulty one, then at that point you would stop paying and go the six years until it becomes Statute Barred. That is how UE works, you have to stop paying for six years for it to achieve statute barred status. Then it is over, gone and no one can reinstate it.
          If I were you I'd be looking to check if the CCs were UE, while putting every available penny into the secured loan.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
            re the acceptance of the debt, yes you have been paying it but that dosn't mean the agreement they have is legal, eg; they may not have the agreement, it may be missing parts, if so this means that in some cases they cannot make you pay it back.

we had £95k of debt and were struggling to pay it back when hubby finished work, we would be 206 years of age before it was paid off.
            one or two creditors started to get shitty threatening to take us to court and get us thrown out of our home unless we paid more than we could afford, I found this site and life is good. they send a shitty letter I send one back, most of ours are UE and I havent paid them for 12+ months. the Enforcable ones will get a mimimum payment while I get enough to make a F&F , hope this helps

Tremendously! thanks again nightwatch, ok got a plan now thanks to everyone else who contributed to this thread as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              if you have a payment in place at the moment(didn't we all at one point???) yes you have accepted the debt, at the moment, however if you stop paying, send for the CCA and find that they have no agreement or a faulty one, then at that point you would stop paying and go the six years until it becomes Statute Barred. That is how UE works, you have to stop paying for six years for it to achieve statute barred status. Then it is over, gone and no one can reinstate it.
              If I were you I'd be looking to check if the CCs were UE, while putting every available penny into the secured loan.
              Thanks again MrsD, yes totally agree with all that.

Comment

Working...
              X