GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco Loan can't afford what should I do - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco Loan can't afford what should I do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tesco Loan can't afford what should I do

Originally posted by morris83 View Post
    Thanks IF. I have finished my letter asking for £1 payments for the next 6 months taken from the template sections. I think i will enclose a budget sheet to be honest and transparent from the start. I have also asked to keep all communication in writing and for them to send a new direct debit form as i will need to cancel the one in force now. I shall see what they send back. Not hoping for much
    TBH I wouldn't bother with the budget sheet. I know you think you're doing the "right thing" (we've all tried to do the right thing) but the creditor won't necessarily see it that way. When they look at the budget sheet they may think that you'll be able to afford more than £1 per month. They'll almost certainly tell you that
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

what pixie says is quite true Morris, I had a CC with Tesco told them I could not afford to pay it anymore due to no work (i quit because of the stress of trying to pay everyone) sent them an income and Expenditure breakdown which clearly shown I only had £30 over to pay 22 creditors, We had joint debts of over £100k, they told me they would only accept £80 a month only £10.00 less then we were paying, so they think you are lying from the start.

just send the letter offering £1.00 xx
      Last edited by nightwatch; 20 April 2015, 11:21.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
        what IF says is quite true Morris, I had a CC with Tesco told them I could not afford to pay it anymore due to no work (i quit because of the stress of trying to pay everyone) sent them an income and Expenditure breakdown which clearly shown I only had £30 over to pay 22 creditors, We had joint debts of over £100k, they told me they would only accept £80 a month only £10.00 less then we were paying, so they think you are lying from the start.

just send the letter offering £1.00 xx
        Ahem...it was moi

Glad you agree with me
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Oh okay thanks all. Will send the letter asking for 6 months of one pound payment and see what they say !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Ahem...it was moi

Glad you agree with me
            What I put Pixie !!

Comment

Right letter ready to go !!. If for instance they don't accept my offer and they default me may be sell to a dca and i regain employment which I could afford to repay should I pay a dca or pay tesco again. ? Just thinking If I have been defaulted should i just continue with the small payment as my file would be shot anyway. Is there anything they could do i.e demand payslips take me to court and order me to pay etc. Hope that makes sense

Comment

Once your account has been sold to a DCA payments will always go to them; they pay pennies for anything that they buy and will often accept big discounts. Hypothetically, you get another job, save your money and pay off at a heavily reduced sum.

The only people who demand pay slips are the courts and that is a long way away as you will have support to avoid that. Posters are issued with court papers but AAD has a very strong legal section and recently most cases have either been settled before court, dismissed at court or a payment arrangement made to keep out of court.

Try not to think too far ahead and worry too much.

Comment

Okay letter sent today been a bit busy! Let's see what they say! thanks for all your help have a nice weekend

Comment

enjoy your weekend too xx

Comment

Hi all Okay well still haven't heard from tesco and loan payment due tomorrow. I have cancelled the direct debit. I presume they will wait until I don't pay to see if I was bluffing !!! Will post up when I hear from them. I have been away for a few days so I may have a letter you never know

Comment

Morris - just caught up on this thread and wanted to say it is daunting at first, but the support of AAD is truly outstanding. You are not alone and you will find they will be like a bottle of pop: go nuts and first and then go and annoy someone else. Once defaulted, you may as well let them sell it on.
                        All the best and let us know how it all goes.
                        Best
                        SA
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Okay so today I received a letter from tesco. Was a generic letter stating they want to understand my financial position. They are asking if I have lost my job off sick etc . They also included a expenditure form as asked me to fill it in and provide my reasons why I can't pay. They want it back within 28 days
                          Shall I complete their forms and send them back. What you guys think thanks

Comment

I would be tempted to send a letter now saying you are out of work and £1.00 a month is all you can afford at the moment and will be in touch should circumstances change.

but see what others say xx

Comment

Hi nightwatch I sent them a letter saying that I can only pay a pound out of work etc. They have just ignored that and sent the generic letter !! I shall see what the others think too thank you x

Comment

I would be tempted to refer to your earlier letter and enclose a payment of £1. Do not fill in I&E form, the only people who can demand one of those are the courts. But as nightwatch said see if anyone else has a better suggestion! In any situation. Don't reply promptly, always wait until the deadline as this buys more time.

Comment

Working...
                                X