GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What to do, I'm in a credit card mess, please help :-( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do, I'm in a credit card mess, please help :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What to do, I'm in a credit card mess, please help :-(

Cheers for all the excellent replies again guys :-)

To Flowerpower;

Yes you are right, all the card statements etc are heading to my parents place but I will do as you say and get them to return to sender.

I love the idea of the stamp with the suggestions above!

I had a thought earlier on which may or may not be a silly idea, but what if I was to change the addresses of all the cards online before any defaults?

I could list an address of a place that I used to live before where the mail would just sit outside in a box.

Or would it be the better option to return to sender from my parents place?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mattk1 View Post
      I could list an address of a place that I used to live before where the mail would just sit outside in a box.
      Good idea
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mattk1 View Post
        I had a thought earlier on which may or may not be a silly idea, but what if I was to change the addresses of all the cards online before any defaults?

Or would it be the better option to return to sender from my parents place?

Cheers
        Why tell a lie when the truth will do nicely

A letter marked "Gone Away" from your parents is 100% true.

Deliberately giving your creditors a false address could come back to bite you on the bum because that's willful deception Why bother to invite trouble when you don't need need to.

Debts are SB after 6 years but CCJs are never SB. If the creditor wants to enforce them later down the line they may have to go back to court to seek permission. The creditor will tell the DJ that they sent court papers to your last known address (the one you actively entered into their database), and you'll have to admit that you weren't going to be living there and you did this online from halfway round the world to give them the slip. Maybe just a little bit not helpful to your case

My life isn't going the way I mapped out in 2006. You've been engaged to be married and then unengaged. Unless you're certain you'll never return to the UK why not let your folks deal with the post

Added to that letters piling up at an address you don't live at (because no one will be arsed to send them back *Not Known*) will only send out the signal to your creditors that you're avoiding or ignoring them. My view is don't create problems for yourself. Stick to your original Plan A

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
          This was my suggestion in the first place...
          In fact a letter marked *Gone Far Far Away* could be even better

Comment

No cat fight now please girls. Bet its a long time since you were called a girl@planB
            Last edited by jon1965; 20 August 2012, 19:16.

Comment

wouldI do love the idea of fuck off but not sure its the best move. Situations change and you may live to regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                No cat fight now please girls. Bet its a long time since you were called a girl@planB
                Women have more miles on the clock than *girls*. Is that such a bad thing

Comment

No cat fight now please girls. Bet its a long tome since you were called a girl@planB
                  Brave, very brave
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brave or stupid, you decide

Comment

Big big thanks to all the people who have replied and helped me out

I have now instructed my dad to return all letters to sender with a short note politely informing them that I don't live there.

Now let's see what happens...

Will keep you updated of course.

Comment

If a polite note doesn't work then we can have some real fun and make them squirm.

Comment

Haha absolutely

This could all end up being very entertaining..

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            Women have more miles on the clock than *girls*. Is that such a bad thing
                            In the words of Indian Jones it's not the years it's the mileage that counts

Comment

Brave or stupid, you decide
                              I'd say both Jon

Comment

Can't argue with the stupid bit

Comment

Working...
                                X