GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What to do, I'm in a credit card mess, please help :-( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do, I'm in a credit card mess, please help :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What to do, I'm in a credit card mess, please help :-(

Or just don't bother. Why hassle parents?

Just forget this snd tell parents to return your mail to sender.

Easiest option really.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Or just don't bother. Why hassle parents?

Just forget this snd tell parents to return your mail to sender.

Easiest option really.
      I agree. And an official stamp could look a little bit too organised After the first blitz the letters will tail off anyway

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        I agree. And an official stamp could look a little bit too organised After the first blitz the letters will tail off anyway
        Slap ouch!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
          Slap ouch!
          Not at all, that was a very neat suggestion. I'm thinking of having an official looking * Fuck Off * stamp made for my returned letters

Comment

Not at all, that was a very neat suggestion. I'm thinking of having an official looking * Fuck Off * stamp made for my returned letters
            Refer them to Arkell v Pressdram

You wouldn't want your sensitive creditors quoting the protection from harassment act or the communications act!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

But in serious response to the OP

If you have no intention of not returning to the UK in the next 6 years don't worry about it.

Your creditors may try to trace you but tbh for the balances you are talking about they will go after 'easier targets'.

Look at this another way - your creditors did not make a loan to you based on 'trust' in the way you or I would trust someone.

They made a risk/reward decision based on a rigged scoring system that appears to be answerable to no-one, and frequently is on cahoots with the financial industry to twist what is allowed within the law to the absolute limit.

Then they choose to lend to you as a result of this risk/reward decision and the interest rate you pay is a reflection of the risk taken.

In your case the risk/reward decision didn't pay off for them.

Thats life - they should deal with it. But creditors seem to want to have their cakes and eat it, which is if their risk/reward decision turns out to be wrong.

I never used to have such little sympathy, but having dealt with the 'ethical' way in which creditors deal with debtors over the last 3 years I now take a different view.

Enjoy your new life in Thailand!

Best
              SnV
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  Refer them to Arkell v Pressdram
                  Details here ---> Replying to DCA's - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                    Enjoy your new life in Thailand!
                    Is Vietnam now in Thailand mate

Comment

Or you could sign your name. Mr G. O. Fuckyourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                        Or you could sign your name. Mr G. O. Fuckyourself.
                        Genius!
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

You would need an transcript for them as they may not understand? in picture form though! or plain the attached?
                          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 December 2012, 15:50.

Comment

Bally hope not, if they moved it then my overfly journeys get longer!

Comment

I knew what I meant!

Comment

Originally posted by mattk1 View Post
                                This forum is great, so much support from such knowledgeable people

To Flowerpower, going back to what you said about the redirecting of mail, do you think it would be better to have the letters go to my parents place so they can write on the envelope and return it to sender?

It's just I'm not sure where I could redirect the mail to

Thanks again everyone who has posted with kind words of support :-)
                                If the letters are not going to your parents already, don't get them sent there. Just ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                                X