GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hi, new here, trying to sort out a DMP, would welcome advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, new here, trying to sort out a DMP, would welcome advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi, new here, trying to sort out a DMP, would welcome advice

kagey
    Post subject: Re: Hi, new here, trying to sort out a DMP, would welcome ad
    PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:20 pm
    Starting Out
    Starting Out

Just wanted to update:

Spoke to BT today who are in the process of changing our number, should be done by tomorrow noon. Also spoke to O2 who changed hubbie's mobile number too! So no more calls from these ido companies who won't respect our wish to correspond in writing!

Comment

roomtobreathe
      PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm
      Starting Out
      Starting Out

Good move!

Keep those numbers safe and don't forget to hide them when dialling out should you want to keep them hidden.

Comment

Never-In-Doubt
        PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:05 pm
        Site Administrator
        Site Administrator

wishfullthinking wrote:
        i went to the cccs had an interview over the phone was told i could set up a dmp for £165 per month,but needed the full balence of what i owed orange anyway took a couple of months to sort orange wrang cccs again had another interview only to be told by a guy called micheal that i needed at least 400 per month,when i challenged him he said that cccs was no longer accepting people onto dmp who will take longer than 10 years to clear debt,hope this helps clear up a bit of the confusion,however the next person i spoke to said it wasnt a problem and sugessted a low start dmp

Hiya, do you have a thread set up for this....?

Comment

Never-In-Doubt
          PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:12 pm
          Site Administrator
          Site Administrator

can you do me a favour and do a new post with the following missing info? Stop worrying, I know it's easier said that done but please try - if you list your debts for us we'll be able to assist a wee bit better (hopefully)...

Thanks

1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other)
          2. Date Account Opened (approx)
          3. Amount Owed
          4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started)
          5. Date last payment of any kind was made
          6. Have you been defaulted/ccj for the account
          7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA?

So your reply will look like this example, one for each account you have please?

* M&S Credit Card
          * Opened 2008
          * Balance - £5,000
          * Last paid Jan 2009
          * Paid token payment December 2010
          * Defaulted on 01.01.2011
          * Being hassled by a DCA called {Enter Name of DCA}

Comment

Never-In-Doubt
            PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:16 pm
            Site Administrator
            Site Administrator

kagey wrote:

Santander card
            Santander loan
            Sainsburys (Halifax)
            M&S money (HSBC)
            Next (Sod these muppets)
            MBNA
            HFC (HSBC)

I've highlighted the points above in red, to show others who the actual creditor behind each account is as some are easier to argue with, than others......

From what you've said i'll be able to make them all accept whatever payments you are offering, they are all easy to deal with lenders when given a good hard kicking up the arse. So time to stop worrying, we'll look after you. :yeah

Comment

wishfullthinking
              PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 am
              Forum Learner
              Forum Learner

Never-In-Doubt wrote:
              wishfullthinking wrote:
              i went to the cccs had an interview over the phone was told i could set up a dmp for £165 per month,but needed the full balence of what i owed orange anyway took a couple of months to sort orange wrang cccs again had another interview only to be told by a guy called micheal that i needed at least 400 per month,when i challenged him he said that cccs was no longer accepting people onto dmp who will take longer than 10 years to clear debt,hope this helps clear up a bit of the confusion,however the next person i spoke to said it wasnt a problem and sugessted a low start dmp
              Hiya, do you have a thread set up for this....?

hi niddy no thread set up as it was before i found this site and the ue route i found it wierd that one cccs adviser said yes and one said no.the one who said no i think was called micheal [mike] he talked to me with attitude in his voice if anyone happens to get this adviser i would like a second oppinion on him cos i felt like i had phoned a dca by mistake

Comment

kagey
                PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 pm
                Starting Out
                Starting Out

Thank you Niddy. Here goes:

1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) :Santander Credit Card
                2. Date Account Opened (approx) :Feb 2010
                3. Amount Owed : £6 342
                4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started) : 11/5/10
                5. Date last payment of any kind was made :Just sent £1
                6. Have you been defaulted/ccj for the account:default notice
                7. Who is writing to you about the debt? lender

1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) : Santander loan
                2. Date Account Opened (approx) : April 2007 with Cahoot
                3. Amount Owed : £3400 approx
                4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started) : June 2010
                5. Date last payment of any kind was made : Just sent £1
                6. Have you been defaulted/ccj for the account: default notice
                7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? lender

1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) : Sainsburys loan
                2. Date Account Opened (approx) : July 2009
                3. Amount Owed : £11886
                5. Date last payment of any kind was made: Just sent £1
                6. Have you been defaulted/ccj for the account: Default notice
                7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? : lender and Albion (DCA)

1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) : M&S credit card
                2. Date Account Opened (approx) : not sure, don't have all paperwork, 2007 or earlier
                3. Amount Owed : £514
                4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started) :June 2010
                7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? : the lender

1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) : Next catalogue
                2. Date Account Opened (approx): 2003 or earlier (don't have earlier paperwork)
                3. Amount Owed : £655
                6. Have you been defaulted/ccj for the account: No
                7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? : Lender

1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other): MBNA credit card
                2. Date Account Opened (approx): June 2010
                3. Amount Owed: £4553
                4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started) : none made
                5. Date last payment of any kind was made: just sent £1
                7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? Lender, but did briefly have communication from Aegis but told them we are corresponding re an agreement with MBNA and they haven't written since!

1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other): HFC (initially interest free loan, didn't pay off, so started charging interest for goods purchased in Currys)
                2. Date Account Opened (approx): August 2009 interest free/April 2010 started applying interest
                3. Amount Owed:£859
                4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started): June 2010
                7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA?: The lender

Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

OK, I think we're up to date now!

Comment

Originally posted by kagey View Post
                    1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) :Santander Credit Card
                    2. Date Account Opened (approx) :Feb 2010
                    3. Amount Owed : £6 342
                    4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started) : 11/5/10
                    5. Date last payment of any kind was made :Just sent £1
                    6. Have you been defaulted/ccj for the account:default notice
                    7. Who is writing to you about the debt? lender
                    UE won't apply because its too late, so this needs to go into a DMP
                    1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) : Santander loan
                    2. Date Account Opened (approx) : April 2007 with Cahoot
                    3. Amount Owed : £3400 approx
                    5. Date last payment of any kind was made : Just sent £1
                    6. Have you been defaulted/ccj for the account: default notice
                    7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? lender
                    UE probably won't apply, might be worth sending a CCA, depends on the date in April.
                    1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) : Sainsburys loan
                    2. Date Account Opened (approx) : July 2009
                    3. Amount Owed : £11886
                    7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? : lender and Albion (DCA)
                    UE won't apply as its too late, needs to go into a DMP
                    1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) : M&S credit card
                    2. Date Account Opened (approx) : not sure, don't have all paperwork, 2007 or earlier
                    3. Amount Owed : £514
                    4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started) :June 2010
                    7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? : the lender
                    Again worth sending a CCA
                    1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other) : Next catalogue
                    2. Date Account Opened (approx): 2003 or earlier (don't have earlier paperwork)
                    3. Amount Owed : £655
                    7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? : Lender
                    May be UE, send a CCA
                    1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other): MBNA credit card
                    2. Date Account Opened (approx): June 2010
                    3. Amount Owed: £4553
                    4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started) : none made
                    7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA? Lender, but did briefly have communication from Aegis but told them we are corresponding re an agreement with MBNA and they haven't written since!
                    UE won't apply, keep on with £1 payment
                    1. Lender name & Type of Credit (ie card/loan/bank account/other): HFC (initially interest free loan, didn't pay off, so started charging interest for goods purchased in Currys)
                    2. Date Account Opened (approx): August 2009 interest free/April 2010 started applying interest
                    3. Amount Owed:£859
                    4. Date last full payment made (before arrears started): June 2010
                    7. Who is writing to you about the debt? The lender or a DCA?: The lender
                    UE won't apply here as again its too late
                    Thanks for your help. (btw I didn't get a notification about the reply, I was just reading thru the thread and saw it by chance)

For the U/E do I request CCA first? Is there a template letter?

Comment

Yup that's the way to go. There is a template for the CCA request but after the forum change this moring, they are still being updated and released. Should all be sorted tomorrow . I think you have to subscribe in the userCP and then it'll notify you about posts to your thread.
                      Hope you like the new forum!!!

Comment

Thanks for your help. (btw I didn't get a notification about the reply, I was just reading thru the thread and saw it by chance)

For the U/E do I request CCA first? Is there a template letter?
                        Just hold fire - dont do anything.

Ive not been back since I last replied cos ive been dealing with site - just sit tight for a few days til I catch up

do not send anything yet, to anyone!
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As you'd asked me to sort your user stuff out, ive also changed this so you'll now get notified of replies via email.

Ive also now deleted your second username and the email associated with it... Check your PM's and reply via PM please.

Niddy
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy. Guess you got my message then? I was subscribed to the thread (checked above) but didn't seem to get notifications.

I'll sit tight and wait for advice from you guys.

Comment

Hiya

Ok, to subscribe and receive notification you need to follow the simple guide below!

Click image for larger version

Name:	step1.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1381538

Name:	step2.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1381540

Name:	step3.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1381542

This is all explained in the user guide/FAQ here: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f..._subscriptions

Comment

Working...
                              X