GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Could I possibly have some advice with a default notice received? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I possibly have some advice with a default notice received?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could I possibly have some advice with a default notice received?

Ok just wrote this, should help explain it to you --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This pdf is the one they sent you, ie that you can type in the details. Its an active form.

I need to see the version you filled in and sent back to them, after you completed it….

Do you have this?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi there.
        Sorry been feeling a bit off colour.

All I did was print off a copy of the blank form, fill it in and return it.

I will request a copy though if you think its worth it, I don't want to challenge the agreement or anything just agree a repayment plan but I guess it would be handy to get a copy.

Comment

The point is, if there is anything dodgy about the real agreement you signed, you are in a stronger position to demand a repayment YOU can afford, if that is your wish.

Challenging an agreement, doesn't always have to mean, discontinue of payments.

However, what you really want to do, is pay what you can afford, and stop any default being registered against you, sadly, you cant have it both ways. Any amount less than the contractual amount, and any missed payments, means they are within their rights to add a default.

So the only thing left for you, is to take back some control by paying only what you can afford.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes thanks makes perfect sense.
            I will have a proper look just make sure they didn't send me a copy back originally as it was not that long ago, I just remember them being very pushy to get things moving.

Is it worth me just paying the £20 a week agreed or not?, as I said that was my original offer but they were pretty pushy that I paid more. Silly thing is it would only take a few months to clear the full amount and we would of been well on the way to clearing it by now.

Comment

Well today they terminated the Purchase power account. Letter is headed "Termination Notice" so I presume without any shadow of a doubt the agreement can be presumed dead.

Comment

Sorry I've just seen this.

Has there been any / is there any development since your last post?

Comment

Hi.
                  I emailed them again with a reasonable offer to which they came back with a completely trivial answer, I then stated that I had tried to reason with them and come to an agreement which they ignored and wish all further writing to be in paper form.
                  Today have had a letter from a debt collector called EAME.
                  Very poorly written but it states that I have a week from the 23rd July to clear the debt.
                  They've added £100 in late charges and interest since the termination and will continue to add 18% p/a.

Pretty annoyed because I did make a reasonable sustainable offer on several occasions which didn't get anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Junglist View Post
                    I did make a reasonable sustainable offer on several occasions which didn't get anywhere.

Have you been making any payments regardless of whether they've rejected your offers?

Comment

No I haven't but I'm thinking I should of.

Something though, surely if they have terminated it they can't then add interest and late charges?, surely the agreements dead.

These are now asking for cheques to be sent to them so I think I'm going to sit and write a book full of post dated £10 cheques and send them off.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to do a proper cca though I think.
                      She has given me a direct email so is it worth asking her directly before messing about with letters?

Comment

Something I did wonder about.
                        If I remember this was originally set up fully by email.
                        Looking at my email history she sent me the paperwork via email, I signed the agreement, scanned and emailed back meaning I don't think they have a wet agreement, I just don't remember ever posting anything too them.
                        Can they enforce with a scan?

Comment

Right update.

Was passed to solicitors(proper ones) who added £250 without saying a word(just hid in the amount owed). Emailed them asking for a breakdown and there was listed £250 in legal charges. I sent a cheque minus the £250 making it clear that it was only to be used to pay the principle debt + interest and late fees, it was cashed and I heard nothing back.
                          Emailed PB asking them to collect the printer or i'd charge them £5 a day storage which they did within 2 days and today got a Royal mail cheque for £39 unpaid postage on the printer.

Still had nothing from either PB or the solicitor acknowledging payment or clearance of the debt but have got a proof of delivery, scan of the cheque, letter and the they have the printer back so I am going to consider this to be cleared and finished with.

Comment

Working...
                          X