GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas Default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Gas Default

Yep a default, march 2012?? I never mentioned it as our mortgage advisor said it PROBABLY wouldn't be a problem, and to focus on the British gas one, but it seems the creditors are being particularly difficult at the moment. It shows on equi fax, not checked experian.

Comment

Check Experian as certain lenders use certain CRA's. If you're clear on that then simply go to a lender who uses them.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by A-Owen View Post
        Yep a default, march 2012?? I never mentioned it as our mortgage advisor said it PROBABLY wouldn't be a problem, and to focus on the British gas one, but it seems the creditors are being particularly difficult at the moment. It shows on equi fax, not checked experian.
        Change advisers - fast!! Utterly clueless how anyone with qualifications in this industry can say a 1 year old UNSATISFIED default "wouldn't be a problem"!!

I'm gobsmacked. I really am.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, and if experian isn't clear, do I have any grounds to getting it removed seeing as I've had no correspondence from them? Or if it's showing as settled is that more favourable?? Thanks

Comment

Ok, and if experian isn't clear, do I have any grounds to getting it removed seeing as I've had no correspondence from them? Or if it's showing as settled is that more favourable?? Thanks
            Get your Experian credit report then we'll know. A default is a default, it will stay for 6 years unless the facts are wrong which they are not, as you did not pay into the account hence they defaulted you.

Settled or not, you will not get any mortgage for at least 3-5 years sadly.

Comment

Experian want to charge me £14.99 to get my report as I have had one previously, not a price I want to pay particularly if I'm honest! I did not know about this, I have had no correcspondance from them or H an M, Hand M was an online account too, is there nothing I can do at all, surely it's got to be worth a go??

Comment

Experian want to charge me £14.99 to get my report as I have had one previously, not a price I want to pay particularly if I'm honest! I did not know about this, I have had no correcspondance from them or H an M, Hand M was an online account too, is there nothing I can do at all, surely it's got to be worth a go??
                no it costs £2

--> http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/s...ry-report.html

whether you want to pay or not, you must see this file as you want a mortgage don't you.

course you knew about it, it was a credit account in your name that came with monthly statements. If you moved and didn't tell them that is YOUR fault mate.

sorry but there is nothing we can do for that default, it's the way you've acted previously that is now haunting you. It is almost like you moved and tried to hide, which is fine, so long as you don't link the debt to the new address which you've done so everything links there now. If it is not a new address to where you opened the account then and only then might you have a small argument, however statements or not - the responsibility to repay is down to you.

Im not having a go, I'm trying to explain that regardless of what excuse you give (I've heard them all) the ONLY way to genuinely get a default wiped is by haggling with the default owner (cash offer and/or error) or by seeing out 6 years.

Comment

I'm happy to pay, I will follow the link on my lunch and take a look at experian. I didn't move or try to hide anything, I totally accept that I have a responsibilty to pay, but if i dodn't know that there was anything to pay how can i pay? It was two years ago, I'd made all my other payments on time, so i cannot remember why this wasn't paid, I have found some old emails to customer service disputing an order that never arrived but apart from that, i have no idea. I've read on other forum that luck can play ap part, especially for such a small amount, is it worth calling them Gothia, seeing where the land lies and then following it up in writing, I'm happy to 'haggle' with them in order for them to remove it, especially seeing as I haven't recieved correspondance from them. This all seems to have happened around the same time as BG, we have had major problems with the post at our house, so I will inform them of this too.

Comment

I expect you'll get a reply back confirming that it is still your responsibility to repay your accounts. If post goes missing you'll have reports, from when you complained to Royal Mail, yes?

Anyway, regardless if you're sitting there telling me that you know you have a credit account but didn't get a statement so didn't pay then I have to question if a mortgage is wise - seriously, you'll need to do a lot better than that for Gothia to buy your excuse. You might be best trying to bring the company that provided goods into the equation and argue that you made a purchase and returned the items hence assumed the account was at £0. Then to stop them investigating with the company, you could try and offer to pay there and then (even though you did not have any goods) so long as they remove the default entry. If you do agree this you must do it in writing do not discuss it verbally as they will deny agreeing to removal once cleared funds have hit the debt account.

good luck..

Comment

Ok, thanks for your advise. I've paid for my experian report and I will see what that shows, in the meant time i will contact Gothia. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                      X