GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another default

well I had a reply from Wazza, basically told me to log with CRA and if correct will stay, if not will remove it!! ARGHHHHHH! is this guy seriously in charge of customer service? Thats why I have contacted him, to get to the bottom of my complaint and resolve it! what a chump!

Comment

So Wazzer is an apt name then

Comment

Ok guys, quick update, I received a call from executive level complaints last Wednesday advising me she will look into it but needs 24 hours and will call me back tomorrow (last Thursday), Thursday came and went with no call. We are now Monday, and still no call - cant say I'm surprised. I emailed him just now and copied in ELC and advised them to resolve ASAP or remove the default so I shall see what they say.

In the meantime can anyone word a strong email/letter to them?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          And then theres the whole no right to share that data etc etc debate to have with them if needs be.
          What do you mean by this mate? They ain't budging and I may need to use this to further my complaint.

Comment

Not really had a response to this in a while, so not sure if people know the answers or not, but anyway, thought I would ask...BT are refusing to remove it even if I pay in full. If I pay and they ‘settle’ the account does it still show as defaulted? What effect will it have on my file as a settled default?

thanks

Comment

Yes, it would still show as a default. Just a settled one.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you think BT are in the wrong, then may be worth seeing if you can take the complaint to these.

Communications
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Rizzle, just done that! That Warren is a complete prick to be honest, how he is the Director of customer service is beyond me.

Will complaining to OFCOM help or will this just hinder my case?

Comment

Hi all

Just hoping for some follow up advice on this one.

I got deadlock letter from BT, they refuse to remove the default. I also requested copies of all letters and have not produced a copy of the default notice, am I right in saying that for a default to be lawful they have to produce one. Can I go back to them with a formal letter? (Taking into consideration I have already complained to no avail)
                    Last edited by wizzywig27; 19 February 2013, 23:38.

Comment

Suggest to go to CRA's and dispute the information due to the lack of compliant DN. yes Bt isn't a regulated credit agreement but to default you they need to follow CCA law
                      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

I sent BT a formal demand for a copy of the default notice last Monday and received a phone call this morning, i missed the call but she left a voicemail saying she would try again, does anyone have any advice in regards to what i can say? is there anything i could mention?

Comment

Originally posted by wizzywig27 View Post
                          Hi all

Just hoping for some follow up advice on this one.

I got deadlock letter from BT, they refuse to remove the default. I also requested copies of all letters and have not produced a copy of the default notice, am I right in saying that for a default to be lawful they have to produce one. Can I go back to them with a formal letter? (Taking into consideration I have already complained to no avail)
                          No no no mate. Do not confuse a default credit agency record with a formal regulated s.87/s.88 cca1974 default. They're worlds apart.

BT are nothing to do with CCA1974 and do not need to adhere to ANY of their policies. They can issue a default to your account if you miss payments in line with ICO technical GUIDANCE. Nuffin regulating that side of things means they can do what they want. Wankers
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X