GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA's and assigned debts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA's and assigned debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA's and assigned debts

The only way you'll get to see the actual deed is using the CPR's.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
      The only way you'll get to see the actual deed is using the CPR's.

Okay got it now..so the loan has been assigned as I got a letter from YB and Apex on this but need to be clear regarding the bank accounts just got letters saying we now own this debt.
      This is around 2009 so post 2007
      On the other hand all accounts and loan have excessive charges on them !!
      I have sent a letter to YB and Barclays stating passages from the banking code and how they failed to abide by them so see what this draws out.
      My concern is Apex who own the YB account and loan, and have produced what I consider to be a enforceable CCA, I should have put these accounts into dispute when Apex first wrote but had other more serious issues at the time...

Comment

Unfortunately the credit card and the overdraft are both enforceable so you'd be best coming to some repayment plan with Apex, for both YB accounts, if you can. If not, can I check - do you own your own home?

If not then don't worry, just stop paying - they'll not be able to formally secure the debt. If you're a homeowner then that changes things as they'll apply for CCJ and then a CO (usually)...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Unfortunately the credit card and the overdraft are both enforceable so you'd be best coming to some repayment plan with Apex, for both YB accounts, if you can. If not, can I check - do you own your own home?

If not then don't worry, just stop paying - they'll not be able to formally secure the debt. If you're a homeowner then that changes things as they'll apply for CCJ and then a CO (usually)...
          Thanks for looking Niddy..yes homeowner with a mortgage..dam shame but I thought you may say they were enforcable..currently on a payment plan...one thing though there are charges so may be able to get some reduction on the accounts...

Comment

Ok send a pm to Di30 and she'll be able to help with all things reclaiming.

Best of luck
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Best of luck
              I will , you can but try anyway been paying them a small pittance each month so will take years to pay the loan lol

Comment

Best of luck
                Okay just an update on this still heard nothing from Apex after disputing payments but the other issue is Cabot who have my Barclays account.
                For the last 3-4 months now they keep sending me letters saying sorry for delay we are having trouble requesting documents from our client.
                Now I remember asking for assignment notice,breakdown of account payments etc..but so far nothing.
                This has been ongoing too long so plan to send a letter giving Cabot seven days to produce documentation or send account back to Barclays and zero the account,my question is as a bank account there is no CCA so how do I stand with thsi debt and a DCA having bought it ??

Comment

If I were you, I would just wait and let Cabot come back to me. Why force the issue when it is Cabot who have to provide the information.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by alangee View Post
                    If I were you, I would just wait and let Cabot come back to me. Why force the issue when it is Cabot who have to provide the information.

Alan
                    I agree but at the moment its just hanging around and I have two defaults for the same debt its going to be a drawn out affair getting charges back from barclays

Comment

If you have two defaults for the same debt, then write to the CRA's and tell them you want one removed - presumably the Barclays one if it is now with Cabot. You can only be defaulted once for the same debt. Just make sure the dates are the same.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by alangee View Post
                        If you have two defaults for the same debt, then write to the CRA's and tell them you want one removed - presumably the Barclays one if it is now with Cabot. You can only be defaulted once for the same debt. Just make sure the dates are the same.

Alan
                        Hey thanks for the advice , so the cabot default date should be the same as barclays ?
                        I have another dca done the same !
                        Will the cras do this ? Is it not down to barclays to send this info before it can be remved

Comment

you need to tell them, they check and remove, CRAs are just companies

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                            Okay what about payment arrangemments can this info be added ? So its just a standard letter then I don't need to send any proof in ?

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                              One other query what about disputed accounts can the cras be notified of this

Comment

CRAs report what the banks/dcas tell them, but they must report within the law. If an an account is in dispute, the bank/DCA will be reporting it as a default or an AP, whic in fact is the truth and they are allowed to do. If its in dispute, there is not point because a bank/DCA will still treat it as a default.

Why are you so concerned about your credit report, once you are debt free, that's the time to look at a credit report, while you are dealing with dent in whatever way you chose, there is no point because its going to look drastic anyway. We have loads of debt, which we are dealing with with UE, I havn't looked at a CR for over two years, why would I?

Comment

Working...
                                X