Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RMA

Thanks Pixie!

Really loved the suggestion of a "reverse doorstep visit"! Bet they wouldn't have known how to deal with that! Preston is probably too far from here so if they want to "do a doorstep" they will probably outsource to one of the heavy mob!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ooh I hate RMA with a passion. They acted on my MBNA debt before it got sold on. They were absolutely horrible last year (before I discovered that UE and all that) and I remember their persistence. One phone call where I ended up in tears after an RMA rep bullied me into making a payment I just couldn't afford and I ended up missing a mortgage payment (Yes I know better now but that's how bad it was).

I know better now, but their tactics were really awful. Leeches. :-cow (Niddy we need a Leech smilie!!)
      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

RMA do seem to pick up a lot of Amex accounts.

But, as said, they do work on almost all others as well.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

!!

Thanks Rizzle and MGS,

For obvious reasons, I am NOT answering the phone to them - but they are leaving about 2-3 messages a day, asking (once again, in their words) for me to ring them! Don't know how long this will last - but I am not going to speak to them because I can well do without their bully tactics! They sound quite obnoxious - but they are a DCA, after all!

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick
            Oooops! Just did a quick Google search and didn't look at the website ;Red

I was in Preston yesterday so perhaps I could have made 'doorstep visit' to them on your behalf Fee ;LOL ;-y
            ;LOL yes would have been funny as well to see that on their faces

Comment

Re: !!

Originally posted by Phoenix
              Thanks Rizzle and MGS,

For obvious reasons, I am NOT answering the phone to them - but they are leaving about 2-3 messages a day, asking (once again, in their words) for me to ring them! Don't know how long this will last - but I am not going to speak to them because I can well do without their bully tactics! They sound quite obnoxious - but they are a DCA, after all!
              Yup, I'd leave that handset firmly down! They are just awful, best ignored!!
              Just for RMA.... ;Spank ;Spank ;Spank ;Spank ;Spank
              Niddified and proud!

Comment

These comments make me so glad that I am not alone in this "journey"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                  These comments make me so glad that I am not alone in this "journey"!!!
                  Absolutely! I honestly don't know where I would be today had I not discovered the solidarity and cameraderie of you guys - and of course Niddy's brilliant know-how.
                  I went through a horrible time fighting off the DCAs last year, and it was such a huge relief to know that a) we weren't the only ones going through all this and b) there was a way to stand up to it.
                  Niddified and proud!

Comment

I know exactly wat you mean, MGS.

At first I thought I was the only word who could have got into such a mess - so was really relieved to find out I was not the only one, and that other people have experienced exactly the same things as I am dealing with.

Comment

Hi,
                      Just thought I'd pipe in to say I had a letter from them with regards to Mint this month. Sent the a/c sold whilst in default letter and have heard no more so far (touches as much would as I can find)

Comment

Thanks fedup,

Expect I will get a letter very shortly! Again, it is so comforting to know that I am not alone on this ....

Comment

you're never alone - as you know full well......
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

they have just started chasing me for a natpest account. triton were chasing this, but they seem to have flogged it on to rma

fired the 'b**ger off its in dispute with OC letter, NCO replied direct saying they were looking into it...

then few days letter nco wrote again saying natpest have complied blah blah blinking blah... and that they will continue. just following Niddy's advice and waiting to see what their next move is....

Comment

Once the debt starts doing the rounds, you know you've half won the battle. If they could get anywhere, they would have. Dig in your heels and fight! A lot of the fight is being very patient and waiting and waiting and waiting......... When / if they do write stamp solidly on them. The only time to worry is if they genuinely try to take you to court in which case you need to act, but not on threats of taking you to court - these are two a penny!

Comment

Working...
                              X