GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Are there rules about envelopes? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there rules about envelopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are there rules about envelopes?

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
    A breach of DPA and OFT guidelines.

Needs to be reported to both.

Doesn't matter if it went by post or is hand delivered.

Putting it through your door in that form means someone else part from the debtor might see it. That is unacceptable, even if the other person is family. But who knows? You might have a lodger who has no business knowing about your financial affairs.
    Exactly.

It could even be libellous.

Comment

Re: Are there rules about envelopes?

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      It could even be libellous.
      That would be a big stretch, and would only be the case if you literally did not owe the debt.

But point taken. Sending letters like that with a clear implication on the envelope that the person addressed was not paying their debts would/could amount to defamation.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X