GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 2nd BT blunder now with Lowell - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd BT blunder now with Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd BT blunder now with Lowell

Tiny update on ours. We got it sorted out well with Gavin yet have since received another 'hard-to-understand''broken English message on our answerphone saying they were gonna call us the day 'before' eh yes!!

Told Gavin's office and they said sorry....

Comment

And next they will tell you that it takes x months to get through to all the departments.

I had a different problem which took over a year to sort and was told tough we don't do compensation
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

With us at least they did give promises of bill reductions for the hassle - but if they screw us in future I may have to make them 'famous' on local news ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          was told tough we don't do compensation
          Nonsense - anyway, it's not them I refer to - if they refuse you can still go to the Ombudsman and they work out compo based on £10 per hour. So regardless if they fix the fault(s) which caused the complaint, you can still ask for financial redress and if they refuse they must issue a final response which allows you to then take it to the Ombudsman.

So it's two fold process, first - sort the fault. Second - ensure the customer is happy and not out of pocket.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Interesting thread, thanks everyone :-)
            Well they said they would get back to me today and haven't. Ah well, more ammunition for me!
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Interesting thread, thanks everyone.
              Cymru, Batman I take it your complaint was due to poor service?
              Well they haven't replied today like they said they would. Ah well more ammo!

Tried to edit previous thread and deleted it in error (fat fingers plus phone!)
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                Interesting thread, thanks everyone :-)
                Well they said they would get back to me today and haven't. Ah well, more ammunition for me!
                email Gavin tomorrow if they've not called. I restored your post
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As the countries leading communication company they fail to communicate!

Comment

Thanks nid!
                    Cymru - very true lol they fail at that big time.

No email, although letter in the post from executive level complaints saying they will respond by 21st. Will keep you posted

Comment

Letter received first off saying due to the age the details have been archived and they will be in touch.

Just received an email saying i need to report it to the police and get a crime reference number - which i am happy to do, but amazed/annoyed they didn't ask me to do this when the original letter turned up years ago!

I have just signed up with Noddle and there is no BT entry on there, although there is a credit account missing which is currently running so i guess not everything is reported to them. Would you ask BT if they have registered anything (again) or just get an experian report? don't want to make too many enquiries at the moment on the CRA front
                      Last edited by SA Gold; 5 July 2016, 15:41.

Comment

Update
                        BT have got back in touch saying i need to contact Equifax directly about any late payments on my account (the account i never set up!!!!) that has been opened fraudulently in my name and they will close the case down there end for now.
                        Very disappointing. What is the best thing to do, email Gavin again or just go straight to the ombudsman?

Comment

You don't need to report to the police.

Which cra is the entry appearing on? If it isn't then forget it. It's not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            You don't need to report to the police.

Which cra is the entry appearing on? If it isn't then forget it. It's not yours.
                            Afternoon boss. I reported to the national crime line (as thats what they said they needed me to do move things forward )
                            The thing is i don't know as they haven't directly answered directly (just forwarded you their reply if you did have 5) but they way its worded - they have the w*nkers!
                            At the start of my AAD apprenticeship i was told to stay away from credit reporting agencies (especially at crucial times not far away ) but did register with Noodle as suggested on a previous post within this thread and there is nothing on there, however i have a credit account live which isn't on there either.
                            Really p!ssed off with them about this. If you walk in to a phone shop they check your ID and BT have let someone take a service out in my name without checking and then locating me via the electoral role i guess after the event.

Comment

Reply with & copy in Gavin.

Dear Mark,

Thanks for your email. Having checked the content with various third parties, including the credit agency direct, I'm fully aware that the only people able to resolve CRA disputes is the actual company who added the entry. You are the data controller. The credit agency is simply the data processor. It's your data they update - not mine.

Please stop fobbing me off. I will be passing this matter to my solicitor in contemplation of a damages claim if you do not resolve this matter imminently.

I have copied in your CEO again because I'm disgusted at your lack of help. I also feel you now need to consider an offer of compensation for my inconvenience and the libellous data you've authorised a third party (CRA) to publish about me.

This is not my issue. It's very much so, yours.

I expect a suitable response and offer of compensation within the next 7 days.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Working...
                              X