GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1St credit letter before claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1St credit letter before claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1St credit letter before claim

I've deleted it as I've seen it now
    It's just kidology to make you feel threatened. They'll have just looked at your credit reference files. No need to worry about it

Comment

Thanks Elsa, just a quick question as it seem long time now, do I make the postal order payable to 1st credit?

Comment

Yes
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you all, all sent, I will update my dairy once I hear from them.

Comment

Good luck Sara
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Nana, I have received replies to all my letters
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1stcredit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1407414

Comment

Long may it last ........

Comment

Hi!

I'm new to this site so hope I've done the right thing posting on this thread rather than starting a new one. I have received the same letter as Sara2 and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

I've always had lots of debt and I'm both employed and self employed. A few years ago The debt became unmanageable due to a unique set of circumstances and the start of the recession. For a while I was stupid and borrowed to pay borrowing etc. This ended with me putting my hands up and coming to agreements with all of my creditors except two (Halifax and Opus) which now, 4 years later, 1st credit have bought. The agreements I came to with my other creditors were very generous compared with what I could have offered according to the professional debt advice I received, and I have struggled for the last 4 years to keep up with this. I should be back on track in another 4 years.

Halifax agreed a plan to pay off my overdraft but then seemed to have many changes of heart and it became apparent that they didn't know what they were doing. Then Halifax/BOS sent me correspondence that enraged me,regarding a Credit Card I had with them. They sent a letter saying they were passing the debt to a DCA, with details of my debt, and INCREDIBLY about six other peoples debts, with full details of names, addresses, amount owed and account numbers. I sent a letter to their "Head of collections" recorder delivery, saying I wanted it sorted, and an assurance that my details hadn't been distributed around the country, and an investigation. I didn't even receive a response.

Opus also failed to correspond with me, and then started calling my elderly parents and leaving messages, even though I left home nearly 30 years ago, acting friendly and chatty and saying that they need to speak to me, do they have a number etc.

I have received very bad treatment from these two creditors and am loath to start paying 1st credit,4 years later, after my efforts to initially sort things.

I'm not sure what to do now. I don't want a CCJ , I assume the court would listen to my defence and take into account the arrangements I've made with other creditors, but would rather not get into this situation, and any advice would be greatly appreciated. 1st credit have mentioned the "passed to legal dept" and "credit bureau information" and a threat of "letter before claim" that Sara2 has received.

Thanks for reading and good luck to Sara2 and everyone else in similar positions. Any help that I can give regarding other dealings I've had I'm more than happy to do so.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi Mr Man and welcome to AAD. I have started a new thread for you http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?17112-Mr-Man-and-1st-Credit . It will be much easier for you to get answers relevant to your situation and will make sure that your questions don't get lost.

Comment

Thanks Cym xx

Comment

Thanks very much Cymruambyth :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X