GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script robinson way - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

robinson way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: robinson way

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
    They are chasing me for a SB debt and they don't give up. They send loads of letters but over the years that's all they've ever done with me.
    If they know the alleged debt is time barred yet refuse to desist, they should be reported to the FCA who may make their lives a bit more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by fredbare View Post
      The account robinson way say they owe links to a previous address which they lived in over 15 years ago,
      So what?

It wouldn't matter if they'd also located your family member's placenta or taken a scraping from his mother's cervix on the basis that it had been his "front door" for some nine months, the alleged debt would still be time barred and, furthermore, Robbers Way has been in business for long enough to know that
      Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 29 April 2015, 22:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
        Seems to be a job lot of these shopacheck debts in the last few days. All equally dubious.
        Al - or almost all - of which will have become time barred several, more or many years ago.

Were Hoist Portfolio buying from the bargain basement end of the debt market, to boost the apparent size of their assets?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          For how many years did he/she borrow a doorstep? haha as far as i know the doorsteps were returned by him in perfect order

If there has been no contact for at least six years, and no payment was made in that time or written and signed acknowledgement of the alleged debt, then the alleged debt would be time barred by section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 and Robbers Way can get knotted.
          he has been at my adress for the last 13 yers and at no time was he contacted or paid anything, i know this because i open all his mail (with permission of course)

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          So what?

It wouldn't matter if they'd also located your family member's placenta or taken a scraping from his mother's cervix on the basis that it had been his "front door" for some nine months, the alleged debt would still be time barred and, furthermore, Robbers Way has been in business for long enough to know that
          LOL nicely put CleverClogs, Love it, although they would have a hard time locating any of that, the evidence was disposed of many years ago !

Have sent the prove it letter so will wait now and see what they send back, will update then

Fredbare

Comment

he has been at my adress for the last 13 yers and at no time was he contacted or paid anything, i know this because i open all his mail (with permission of course)
            In that case, the only way this alleged debt might still be enforceable would be if the alleged loan had been payable jointly and severally by both parties - by him and his then current partner/floozie/receptacle - and if she had been making some payments towards the alleged loan until less than six years ago.

If they aver that payments ceased thirteen years ago but that a payment was made within the last six years, this would not and could not revive an alleged debt that had become time barred and, furthermore, they really ought to know that See paragraph 7, at .http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/section/29

They must not only shew that a payment (or a series of payments) was made, but that the payment or series of payments was made by the party or parties to the alleged debt. See paragrph 2, at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/section/30

If you have any more calls via the electric telephone, see this link for inspiration on how to annoy the buggers.

Comment

LOL nicely put CleverClogs, Love it, although they would have a hard time locating any of that, the evidence was disposed of many years ago !

Have sent the prove it letter so will wait now and see what they send back, will update then

Fredbare

Hi an update

Letter from robinson way in reply to prove it letter, they state

We acknowledge your recent communication and write to inform you that the account to which you were referring to is now closed on our files.

We will pass any relevant documentation/information that you have sent on to our client for them to deal with accordingly. For your future reference our client can be contacted at the following address, hph ltd manchester.

Thank you everyone, will let you know if we hear anything more.

Regards Fredbare

Comment

Great news Fred, well done
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm so pleased for you too fredbare

Best wishes
                  IF
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Nice one Fred!

Comment

Working...
                    X