GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script robinson way - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

robinson way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robinson way

Hi everyone

A few weeks ago a family member received a letter from robinson way asking if he/she had lived at a previous address. He/she did live there once but moved away from the area about 15 years ago, robinson way wanted he/she to contact them to verify if he/she was the person they were looking for.

I advised he/she to ignore the letter and wait to see if they sent anything else.

He/she received two letters recently, one from robinson way offering to help clear the account, and one from hoist portfolio which states it is a letter of assignment from c l finance for an account with shopacheck.

He/she did have doorstep loans at that time but cant remember who with and for how much.

I'm not sure what to advise he/she to do now, ignore them, send a statute barred letter or a prove it letter, I dont know, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you all

Regards Fredbare

Re: robinson way

Hi,

I am not an expert but I have had dealings with these guys.

They are chasing me for a SB debt and they don't give up. They send loads of letters but over the years that's all they've ever done with me.

Each case may be different though.

Good luck with it.

Comment

I'd ignore for now. Keep us updated - if necessary we'll sort a suitable "get lost" letter
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Niddy

Will tell them to ignore then, will update when they write again.

Regards Fredbare

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
          Hi,

I am not an expert but I have had dealings with these guys.

They are chasing me for a SB debt and they don't give up. They send loads of letters but over the years that's all they've ever done with me.

Each case may be different though.

Good luck with it.
          Thank you Beefy1976

The account robinson way say they owe links to a previous address which they lived in over 15 years ago, they'v moved several times since then. How they tracked the new address i dont know but family member applied for and obtained a personal loan very recently and a credit check was done so all was ok with that. It may be a coincidence that these letters arrived now but i have a suspicious mind. I know they'v been on the electoral register for quite some time and have had no contact from anyone until now.

Good luck with yours, will let you know what happens.

Best wishes Fredbare

Comment

Seems to be a job lot of these shopacheck debts in the last few days. All equally dubious.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Think you will see these two being quite active soon.

Is this the storecards that Santander could not offload once they got the spanking in shoreditch.

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...bs-to-stay-out

Comment

Originally posted by fredbare View Post
                Thank you Beefy1976

The account robinson way say they owe links to a previous address which they lived in over 15 years ago, they'v moved several times since then. How they tracked the new address i dont know but family member applied for and obtained a personal loan very recently and a credit check was done so all was ok with that. It may be a coincidence that these letters arrived now but i have a suspicious mind. I know they'v been on the electoral register for quite some time and have had no contact from anyone until now.
                Hi, an update,

RW phoned today, family member answered and told them he had no knowledge of what they were talking about, they asked had they received any letters and they said no. The number they rang is registered in my name so I dont know where they got the number from. If they continue to call for them can i complain as the number is mine and they have no reason to contact me.

No doubt more letters will arrive now, will let you know.

Thanks Fredbare

Comment

Thank you Beefy1976

Good luck with yours, will let you know what happens.

Best wishes Fredbare
                  Hi, an update,

RW phoned today, family member answered and told them he had no knowledge of what they were talking about, they asked had they received any letters and they said no. The number they rang is registered in my name so I dont know where they got the number from. If they continue to call for them can i complain as the number is mine and they have no reason to contact me.

No doubt more letters will arrive now, will let you know.

Thanks Fredbare
                  As expected a letter from RW arrived this morning, it states

We have sent you a number of latters and tried to telephone you, but you account remains unpaid.

The full balance is due but we are are currently able to offer a reduction to the balance you owe to settle this account. We can even discuss you paying this reduced balance by affordable instalments.

Call us to take advantage of this.

RW have no way of knowing if this account is theirs and if it is it will be statute barred as their have an address from 15 years ago.

Anym help with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you Fredbare

Comment

RW have no way of knowing if this account is theirs and if it is it will be statute barred as their have an address from 15 years ago.
                    That letter from Robinson Way doesn't sound in the least bit threatening.

The change of address doesn't make it SB but your last payment will. When was that?

This account was originally with Shopacheck (is it a PDL?) which was sold to Hoist Portfolio. Good luck to them!

I see no need to complain about the phone calls. I know they can be annoying and embarrassing if a family member takes them but why not let sleeping dogs lie.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      That letter from Robinson Way doesn't sound in the least bit threatening. I agree, its not threatening at all

The change of address doesn't make it SB but your last payment will. When was that? This account has nothing to do with me, the letter was sent to my son at my address, he did have provident loans with his ex partner but cant remember whos name they were in, he has not paid anyone since he moved 15 years ago

This account was originally with Shopacheck (is it a PDL?) which was sold to Hoist Portfolio. Good luck to them! Not a pdl, he said it could be provident, he cant be certain as it was so long ago

I see no need to complain about the phone calls. I know they can be annoying and embarrassing if a family member takes them but why not let sleeping dogs lie. So do nothing and see what else they come up with, have checked noddle for him and theres nothing showing on there for this account

Thank you PlanB

Regards Fredbare
                      Last edited by Pixie; 28 April 2015, 08:15. Reason: tidied quote

Comment

Another letter from RW today

We have contacted our client who has confirmed that we are acting on their behalf to manage this account! didn't they know who they were acting for then?

goes on to ask to contact them and discuss current circumstances to agree a payment plan.

Should I send them a prove it letter, have looked for a template but cant find one,

Thank you Regards Fredbare

Comment

Hi Fredbare,
                          If they're still pestering about this I think you're right - it's time to put things in writing and demand that they prove it. No further telephone conversations!

You can download the template from AAD+ here>> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ment-Templates

Elsa x

Comment

Thank you Elsa

Wiull get that oiff to them today, will let you know what happens

Regards Fredbare

Comment

He/she did have doorstep loans at that time
                              For how many years did he/she borrow a doorstep?

If there has been no contact for at least six years, and no payment was made in that time or written and signed acknowledgement of the alleged debt, then the alleged debt would be time barred by section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 and Robbers Way can get knotted.

Comment

Working...
                              X