Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA Help

Originally posted by KittyCat1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.Can I just ask what a N1 is?
    It is the claim form which is issued in the County Court when a creditor decides to take legal action.

That is obviously not going to happen in this case, as the new debt collector is making veiled threats of "may" pollute your doorstep just to frighten you. A proper Letter Before Action, which is required under the Pre-Action protocol, would read very differently indeed.

SH

Comment

Hello again

I received a letter from DLC this morning regarding this same old debt,it was statute barred last August.

I know they cannot do anything about reclaiming money from this debt due to time passed and are trying it on but didn't know whether to send a statute barred reply or not. They say the debt is transferred to a surveillance programme which may include a field agent,checks to my address and enquiries into my financial situation. Any advice please.

Comment

Hello again

I received a letter from DLC this morning regarding this same old debt,it was statute barred last August.

I know they cannot do anything about reclaiming money from this debt due to time passed and are trying it on but didn't know whether to send a statute barred reply or not. They say the debt is transferred to a surveillance programme which may include a field agent,checks to my address and enquiries into my financial situation. Any advice please.

I'd send the SB letter now..... if you are certain it's SB......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Last payment made 6yrs ago last August. All correspondence has been marked "I do not acknowledge this debt".

Never heard of a debt surveillance programme. I guess its another of their scare tactics

Thanks for the template, i'll get that off ASAP.

Comment

Hi

I just wanted to say a great big thankyou to everyone who helped me on this forum regarding this old debt I had and to post an update.

I received a letter in the post stating account now closed with no further correspondence and the matter closed.

Thanks everyone for your help and knowledge in dealing with this DCA.

Comment

Excellent well done
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nice one. Thanks for the update.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

I just wanted to say a great big thankyou to everyone who helped me on this forum regarding this old debt I had and to post an update.

I received a letter in the post stating account now closed with no further correspondence and the matter closed.

Thanks everyone for your help and knowledge in dealing with this DCA.
                  Great stuff - well done Kittycat!
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                  X