GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CitiBank to Cabot to An.other. to Fire Now Marlin & potential CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CitiBank to Cabot to An.other. to Fire Now Marlin & potential CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CitiBank to Cabot to An.other. to Fire Now Marlin & potential CCJ

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Closing - you need to activate your account by clicking the activation email.

I've resent the email. Check spam folder.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just wanted to post a quick update. The news is that so far there is no news. Although the postie hasn't been today and I'm that paranoid about cursing myself. So it's been over a month there a bouts if only in calendar days not in working days.

Do I just keep waiting?

Comment

You do indeed, closing. No news is good news in terms of CCA Requests. While ever they are in default they can't enforce the account. Just sit tight

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance

Comment

Closing - just wanted to pop in and say all the best with this.
            Lots of support here, the best Debt forum
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SA Gold.

Couldn't agree with you more about the help here. It's nice here and theres a genuine feel of wanting to help. I remember this place being mentioned in MSE and had it in the back of my mind since my first quest to get debt free

Comment

Originally posted by closing View Post
                SA Gold.

Couldn't agree with you more about the help here. It's nice here and theres a genuine feel of wanting to help. I remember this place being mentioned in MSE and had it in the back of my mind since my first quest to get debt free
                Absolutely mate, its this reassurance that makes it such a unique place. It really is the best!
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's because we get all the nice members

Comment

I just wanted to pop in on this one and update. So far there's been no news hence no updates. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing if I'm honest. Is there a time frame that I need to act upon or do i just wait and see now?

Comment

Just wait and see! There is no logic to the timescales used by DCA; the frequency of letters can depend on boredom, a need for commission or the computer deciding it's time to churn out the next threat.....or offer.

Comment

Hey All,

I know this post is over a year old but I wanted to give an update because surprise, surprise that after more than a year of hearing nothing I've had a letter today.

This is from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.

Re : Cabot financial and ME

We refer to the above matter, we are instructed by our client to close the account. Your account has been referred back to our client and your debt remains outstanding. Our clients agent will be in touch in due course as appropriate.

Now the interesting thing is that over a year ago I fired off a letter to Mortimer Clarke, the section 78 letter and never got a reply. (whats the betting I didn't keep that blinking proofof postage receipt).

What's the next steps. They responded way back when to say documents were requested but nothing was ever received. I think this is pertaining to a debt back in 2007 if I recall so it's a touch old.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Comment

hi Closing ,
                          Don't do anything, just keep a low profile unless they come out of the woodwork again. You can always send another CCA request if they start chasing again. (But this time save the receipt )
                          When did you last make a payment on this?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                            hi Closing ,
                            Don't do anything, just keep a low profile unless they come out of the woodwork again. You can always send another CCA request if they start chasing again. (But this time save the receipt )
                            When did you last make a payment on this?

Elsa x
                            Hi Elsa,

Im 100% sure that I sent the letter over a year ago. I'll bet I have a copy of their reply to say they have requested the information.

As for the last time I made a payment, I would say it's been well over 6 years now. Im a touch surprised that this letter has come out of the blue after not hearing something. Makes me wonder if its auto generated or something like that?

When they say they are sending it back to the debtor Im going to assume that cabot? Do I just hold on tight for that and see what happens

Cheers
                            Mark (trying not to stress too much)

Comment

Working...
                            X