GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help DCA letter first time in debt. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help DCA letter first time in debt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help DCA letter first time in debt.

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    I'm hoping that we can get something sorted based on your anxiety problems
    If they do come to my door i presume i can get them done for harassment and trespassing at least im not too sure if there is a Scottish law for any type of mentally harassing or that.

I suppose i should have included that im Scottish so some Scottish laws may be different.

Comment

If your parents are in the phone book, then it's possible that you'll get called...though they usually do that before writing the letters..

If they call, just refuse to talk to them. Just say "Everything in writing" and put the phone down.
      Thanks , I hate talking on the phone anyway so nice short and straight to the point. ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by tbb View Post
        If they do come to my door i presume i can get them done for harassment and trespassing at least im not too sure if there is a Scottish law for any type of mentally harassing or that.

I suppose i should have included that im Scottish so some Scottish laws may be different.
        I'm sure there's something similar in Scotland...but even if there isn't, they probably won't know that You won't need to "get them done", just threaten it.

It's highly unlikely that anyone will call. I've had dozens of such threats and only one visit. I just told him to go away and he went very meekly.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's highly unlikely that anyone will call. I've had dozens of such threats and only one visit. I just told him to go away and he went very meekly.
          I don't think i would be so polite :P.

Comment

So would the best thing to do would be to try and get on some sort of benefits, ignore anything pay2contact says or does, and contact o2 and just explain the situation see if i can do some weekly repayment or something?

Comment

You definitely need to see about getting on some benefits.

As for what to do, I'd wait until others come online tonight. There's no rush in spite of P2C's 72 hour deadline.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

tbb.

There is a mod called Undercover Elsa who Pixie has pm'd. Pretty good at this sort of thing.

I would wait for her to pop by before you do anything. Just chill until then.

I know difficult not to do anything but nothing will happen as they have no idea when you got the letter. Like I said the 72 hours is only there to frighten you into ringing them.

Comment

Is there any particular reason you haven't claimed any benefits?

theoretically there is no law of trespass in Scotland but these numpties have the same rights as any passerby to come to your door, just don't answer or open and tell em to piss off.

Comment

Ah sorry for taking so long to reply my internet went down for a bit

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                    Is there any particular reason you haven't claimed any benefits?.
                    Not really i have the phone number i need to phone and that but i hateeeeeee speaking on the phone to people, i even get anxious about that. got the doctors tomorrow so i'll get another certificate thing and get round to phoning that number

Again sorry for taking soo long to reply

Comment

Hi Zac,
                      I've been asked to look in

Sorry to hear you've had problems with your health
                      All good advice so far, and it is highly unlikely that they'll turn up, but nonetheless I think we need to send Power2contact a short sharp shock to get them to back off and refer back to O2.
                      I would send them this:

FORMAL COMPLAINT
                      Dear Sirs
                      Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX
                      I have received a letter from you dated xxxx regarding the account referenced above, stating that you intend to visit my address.
                      Until I received this letter I have had no communication whatsoever from O2 or anyone else about this, and feel that your approach is inappropriate and threatening.
                      For your reference, I have suffered from anxiety for several years, to the point where I have become virtually agoraphobic, which caused me to lose my job. I am now unemployed and living with my parents, and your threat to visit the house has caused both myself and my parents great stress and anxiety.
                      I have sought advice on this and am aware that under OFT guidelines you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you. Any attempt to visit will be pointless, as due to my anxiety state no discussion will take place and you will merely be asked to leave, which under Common Law you must do immediately upon request. For your reference I also draw your attention to the Land Reform (Scotland) Act, 2003, specifically chapter section 6 (1)(b)(iv) which States:-
                      6 Land over which access rights not exercisable
                      (1) The land in respect of which access rights are not exercisable is land—
                      (which)
                      (iv) comprises, in relation to a house or any of the places mentioned in paragraph (a)(ii) above, sufficient adjacent land to enable persons living there to have reasonable measures of privacy in that house or place and to ensure that their enjoyment of that house or place is not unreasonably disturbed;

Similarly I have problems using the telephone, for which reason I will only communicate with you in writing about this matter.

In relation to your demands, and in view of the fact that I have no prior knowledge of this, unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question, I require written confirmation that this matter is now closed.
                      Yours faithfully

Regarding benefits, you can check your entitlement on the turn2us website here:
                      Check your benefit entitlement - Turn2us

Sorry this took a while, damn phone's never stopped ringing since I got back from the Doctors!

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                        Hi Zac,
                        I've been asked to look in

Sorry to hear you've had problems with your health
                        All good advice so far, and it is highly unlikely that they'll turn up, but nonetheless I think we need to send Power2contact a short sharp shock to get them to back off and refer back to O2.
                        I would send them this:

Regarding benefits, you can check your entitlement on the turn2us website here:
                        Check your benefit entitlement - Turn2us

Sorry this took a while, damn phone's never stopped ringing since I got back from the Doctors!

Elsa x
                        Wow Thanks I Will send them a letter/email saying this and i will check out Turn2us.

Honestly everyone thanks for all your help and contribution my mind is much more at ease now ^.^

So the plan is get that sent and then get in contact with O2. Honestly everyone thanks for all the helpful and supportive replies

Comment

Originally posted by tbb View Post
                          So the plan is get that sent and then get in contact with O2. Honestly everyone thanks for all the helpful and supportive replies
                          That's what we're here for

I thought Elsa would be able to help you...Thank you Elsa.

Comment

Just send that to Power2contact. (Preferably by recorded delivery if you can) They will back off and pass the contents on to O2.
                            Once O2 have been informed that you're ill you should be treated sympathetically.

There's no need for you to contact O2...just send that to P2C and relax. Once they get back to you let us know what they say and we'll help you deal with it

Comment

You're most welcome. Most of us have been there and got the T Shirt

Comment

Working...
                              X