GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Do i poke a DCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i poke a DCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do i poke a DCA

and i cant seem to find the thank button at mo , but thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by DGJsaver View Post
      good advise mate , let sleeping dogs lie , see what i can do mortgage wise , with luck get somewhere , get settled , then stop paying , i dunno , there was a time not very long ago when £7.50 hurt a month (not that i am rolling it now or anything , far from it!!)
      Exactly mate. Get your shit in order and when you're happy THEN stop paying. As you're paying, if they've never actually defaulted you then they can add AP markers which retains a rolling 6yrs history so if you pay a debt for 15 years, the last 6yrs will still show affecting you for 21yrs in theory.

However if they've defaulted you at any point then there can be no credit entry as the 6yr default expiry would have occurred already.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks ALL

NID , its my only issue , the wife (who is my DGJSAVER DIARY) you have been helping me with for years is another story.......though my next task is to get myself unassociated from her before i apply....
        You'll only be associated / linked if you have any joint accounts. If so, to break the link, close them. Then after a few weeks you can report a disassociation at the CRA's and say you've split up.

Obviously you've not and obviously you leave her on electoral register etc. it's only financial links that can be seen by lenders.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So i guess for the benefit of others, its best to get defaulted asap and get a copy of the credit report at that time and keep it safely should they try and plant a fresh one yeah?
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            You'll only be associated / linked if you have any joint accounts. If so, to break the link, close them. Then after a few weeks you can report a disassociation at the CRA's and say you've split up.

Obviously you've not and obviously you leave her on electoral register etc. it's only financial links that can be seen by lenders.
            Good work , i will do that , thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
              So i guess for the benefit of others, its best to get defaulted asap and get a copy of the credit report at that time and keep it safely should they try and plant a fresh one yeah?
              Lots of talk of papertrails for accounts. This would in my mind be just another one when someone is trying to return to a normal life from one of debt servitude.

That said I would be only doing this if they knew where you are. If they dont a regular inspection of your credit files is only going to lead to some numpty who has basic maths skills to add one and one and find you.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                Lots of talk of papertrails for accounts. This would in my mind be just another one when someone is trying to return to a normal life from one of debt servitude.

That said I would be only doing this if they knew where you are. If they dont a regular inspection of your credit files is only going to lead to some numpty who has basic maths skills to add one and one and find you.
                Fair point mate. I've got the reports now so wont be checking them anytime soon.
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

One thing tho mate , after sleeping on it , the wife would be a dependant on the mortgage (as i would be applying on my own) would they not tie that up with the closed accounts?

Comment

If you applied for your credit file wont this lead to your new address.

Comment

One thing tho mate , after sleeping on it , the wife would be a dependant on the mortgage (as i would be applying on my own) would they not tie that up with the closed accounts?
                      having been through a similar thing mate, your mrs won't be able to go on the mortgage with a default so it would be a sole application. Is that what you mean?

Comment

Nope, only the old account history relevant to the financial link. At the end of the day, close any live joint accounts. Remember when you have a financial link the lender can only see limited data regards the link so assuming the joint accounts were closed correctly and not defaulted you should be fine.

easy way to test, afterwards apply for a mortgage in principle somewhere - you don't need to take them up do you?

However leave the Mrs off your mortgage application as when they search her they'd see everything bad and that would affect you.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                          having been through a similar thing mate, your mrs won't be able to go on the mortgage with a default so it would be a sole application. Is that what you mean?
                          Sorry , just gone back to this thread

The Mrs earns nothing , and my salary is enough to get the amount i need to get the appropriate house (with the deposit i have) so i would only apply on a sole basis anyway , but she obviously would have to go down as a dependant ?

i am going up to the bank with her this week to cancel the only joine account we have , and will reorder my cra files in a couple of months time

Comment

NID , one thing , i will apply on my own , well after closing a joint account we have (in balance and never any problems ) and then send a finacial diassociation email to equifax and experian , i am aiming to be ship shape by the autumn...

Comment

Working...
                            X