GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script An old sorted issue has raised it's ugly head - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An old sorted issue has raised it's ugly head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An old sorted issue has raised it's ugly head

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Thanks SnV ill have a read now
    Paragraph 16 is the one that I think has a lot in common with your case. Why should you now have to check the CRA's at a cost to yourself, for the next couple of months to ensure that any marker has been removed?
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Indeed as it is wholly there error which amounts to maladministration the onus is on them to supply the cra entry I requested.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Excellent!

Send that to the Leeds Loonies.

Comment

My Reply to Lowells latest email

Thank You for your prompt reply, however the contents of such I am not impressed with at all, Please tell me why I should pay to get reports from the CRA's to check whether you have indeed removed a default that you should never have put there in the first place.

This was because of your maladministration and thus will not be paying to check your errors.

I state again your company has 14 days to supply me with the proof that you have removed the default failure to comply with a just request will result in further action by me.

Do not brush this under the carpet as it has been noted that you have already been found guilty in a civil court of credit reference data errors.

Not only have you sent wrongful demands for money I do not owe, but also made a wrongful entry of my CRA file that is serious behavior.

If you cannot deal with this I suggest you pass it to management.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            My Reply to Lowells latest email

... I state again your company has 14 days to supply me with the proof that you have removed the default failure to comply with a just request will result in further action by me.
            Don't they now have only 13 days?

When they've not complied, will you ask Paul to send an official looking letter, or just complain to the Licence Fitness Hibernation Centre at the Office of Faffing and Twaddling?

Comment

Blimey a few lies in this reply just received

Response to customer’s email dated 6th February 2013 – checked by SS23

8th February 2013

Our Reference :

Original Creditor : Co-operative Bank

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your further email dated 6th February 2013. I am sorry to hear that you remain unhappy with the content of my email dated 5th February 2013.

I must respectfully advise that you will need to contact the credit reference agencies directly to obtain copies of your credit files, using the information that I previously provided. With regards to payment for these services; you may be aware that through media publicity, free trials of these agencies are available.

The credit reference agencies will be able to answer specific questions regarding the information they are providing on the telephone numbers I have previously supplied.

In order for me to investigate your claim that we have been found guilty in court, may I ask that you provide supporting evidence of this, as we have not been notified of this by the courts.

As previously stated in my email to you on 5th February 2013; the account was purchase from our client in good faith. With this, it has been found that no maladministration has been undertaken by the Lowell Group in this instance.

As all matters on this account have now been addressed in full, I must advise that this letter represents the Lowell Group’s final response.

Yours sincerley

John Broadbent
              Customer Relations Officer

Tel : 0800 542 0058
              Ext : 7020
              Email : John.broadbent@lowellgroup.co.uk
              Web : Lowell Group - Welcome to Lowell Financial, how can we help you today?

Yes their are free trials if you hand over credit card details and you are not telling me to do that are you?
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 8 February 2013, 08:31.

Comment

Complaint going into the FOS today

Comment

OK Got an offer from the bank in your opinion is it an acceptable offer? and is it true they cannot supply a copy of the CRA entry as I thought it was they that processed the data and thus can grab a screenshot?

Good afternoon Mr ,

Please find below your final response. I have also send a copy in the post
                  for you with the enclosed leaflets.

Regards

Kate

Dear Mr

Thank you for your e-mail of 22 January 2013, to Barry Tootell, which has
                  been passed to me for reply in my capacity as Executive Customer Relations
                  Consultant. I am sorry that you have had cause to complain.

I understand that your complaint is as follows:

Ÿ You had a successful PPI complaint and as part of this your Loan
                  Balance was cleared and we agreed to waive the balance on your Current
                  Account prior to closing the accounts.
                  Ÿ You have since received a letter from us and Lowell Portfolio
                  advising that a balance of £359.98 has been sold to Lowell Portfolio to
                  recover the debt. You have advised you are seeking compensation for the
                  error or will refer this to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). You have
                  requested a full apology from the bank and Lowell Portfolio and have asked
                  for a copy of your credit file to show all accounts are settled.
                  Ÿ You are unhappy that we do business with Lowell Portfolio and have
                  advised that the problems you have experienced have made your health
                  problems worse.

I am sorry to hear of the errors that have been made and the effect you
                  have advised this has had on your health. I can assure you that it was not
                  our intention to cause you any distress and I would like to offer my
                  sincere apologies that this has been the case.

We agreed to waive the balance of £359.98 in 2011 as part of your previous
                  complaint regarding PPI. The information was passed to the relevant
                  department to clear the account and then close the account, however, this
                  was clearly not done. This was an error on our part and please be assured
                  that feedback has been provided regarding this to prevent a repeat of your
                  experience.

The debt was sold to Lowell Portfolio Ltd on 28 December 2012, in line with
                  our policy for unpaid debts. Following this a letter was sent to you from
                  the bank to inform you of our actions. A letter was also sent by Lowells to
                  inform you that they were now in possession of the debt and asking you to
                  contact them regarding this. Whilst I appreciate you are unhappy that the
                  debt was sold and in this case this was an error, the bank has made the
                  decision to sell debts that we have not been able to recover. Debts are
                  sold to agencies such as Lowells for recovery and they will then contact
                  the customer for recovery. I understand you would like a letter of apology
                  from Lowells for correspondence they have sent to you, however, the error
                  has been by the bank and not by Lowells and as such, it is appropriate that
                  the apology is issued from this office.

We are in the process of recovering the debt from Lowells and once this has
                  been received, please be assured that the debt will be cleared in full. I
                  will monitor the account to ensure this has been done. I have requested
                  that we amend your credit file to ensure that this shows the debt being
                  cleared and the account closing in 2011. Please note, it can take up to 30
                  days for the Credit Reference Agencies to update their records. I am unable
                  to provide you with a copy of your credit file as this is not information
                  owned by the bank and as such, we are unable to provide this.

In view of the errors that have occurred and the distress caused, I would
                  like to offer you the amount of £150. If you would like to accept our offer
                  please return the enclosed acceptance form and I will be happy to process
                  this for you. Once again, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for
                  the problems that have occurred.

I trust my letter resolves these matters for you and you can regard this as
                  our final response. However, if you have any new or further information,
                  in relation to this complaint, that you would like me to consider please
                  contact me on 0843 208 7391.

If you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial
                  Ombudsman Service. You must do this within six months from the date of
                  this letter. Further information can be found in the enclosed leaflet.

Yours sincerely

Kate Slack
                  Executive Customer Relations Consultant
                  On behalf of The Co-operative Bank plc
                  Enc: FOS Leaflet
                  Acceptance Form
                  Pre-paid Envelope

To: Kate Slack
                  Customer Relations
                  Level 4
                  Miller Street
                  Manchester
                  M60 0AL

Ref:

I confirm my acceptance of the offer detailed in your letter dated 11
                  February 2013 in full and final settlement of my complaint.

Signed …………………………………………….. Date……………………………………..

Kate Slack
                  Executive Relations Consultant

Customer Relations,
                  The Co-operative Banking Group
                  4th Floor, Miller Street
                  Manchester M60 0AL
                  co-operativebank.co.uk

t: 0843 208 7391
                  e: kate.slack@cfs.coop

Comment

I think you would struggle to get much more PF - whether it is acceptable or not is down to you.

If it was me - bearing in mind I dont have ill health as such, I would probably take the offer, it was an unfortunate error, and they do happen. The CRAs dont matter too much - apart from the dates and balance, I would assume there was some derogatory info there already?

Blow the lot on a good night out!
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Oscar Although it relates to a complaint that started in 2007 £150 is probably about right for the one letter I recieved.

Wish I could blow it on a night out but have MOT coming in March and need 4 new tyres so ill save it to help with that.

Ill wait for niddy to advise too as I sent him a PM.

Thanks

Comment

Hmm £150 within a final response....

I'd take it. The FOS won't go much higher so with it you can spend £6 on CRA fees.

I'd literally just accept it and send no other letter. Just sign and return her acceptance form. It's better than a slap in the chops
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy that is what ill do as it is OK for a few emails, they have realized there errors and apologized which means more to me anyway.
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 11 February 2013, 19:12.

Comment

Give it say 30 days yeh before I send off letters with the £2 fees for a copy of CRA files.

Comment

Working...
                            X