GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Preventing continueing telephone contact [From Cabot & NCO Europe] - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preventing continueing telephone contact [From Cabot & NCO Europe]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flo, what is it about the telephone calls that disturbs you other than the inconvenience?
    I have and continue to have regular calls from ‘new’ purchasers, I neither send them a letter nor answer their calls. As per Di, I too only answer calls from known numbers, if it’s something important that I miss then an answer phone message is usually left. So I can get back to them if I choose.
    Eventually the money chasers stop calling, eventually they also stop sending letters too, but you have to have patience. This is about the long game, more tortoise and hare with you being the tortoise. The longer they take to get your attention the shorter time they have to get you to pay.
    So let them do all the chasing.

Comment

I found when changing supplier, the credit search footprint left by the new provider enabled DCAs to track the new number.

It is unbelievable that DCAs have complete access to so-called private government, financial and retail systems.

It is also annoying that hospitals, including Covid centres with old their numbers and don't leave messages, then claim you have been contacted, not responded and signed off.

Comment

Hi all,
        Please forgive my late reply.
        On the whole calls have now stopped from DCA's further to mainly lack of responses to my CCA requests in July of last year. The BT call blocker phone has been a great help, although I continue to get calls from Link Financial & PRA group, who seem to continually use fresh numbers. Any new advice, or should I just continue to ignore them and wait for them, to eventually stop?

Comment

Originally posted by Florida2020 View Post
          Hi all,
          Please forgive my late reply.
          On the whole calls have now stopped from DCA's further to mainly lack of responses to my CCA requests in July of last year. The BT call blocker phone has been a great help, although I continue to get calls from Link Financial & PRA group, who seem to continually use fresh numbers. Any new advice, or should I just continue to ignore them and wait for them, to eventually stop?
          I agree with Warwick65 who has written elsewhere that you are the judge of what is harassment.

I consider any DCA that uses fresh phone numbers because of blocked numbers is evidence of harassment!
          Send both of these the Harassment AAD template letter.
          Everything in Snail Mail and Writing only (the CCA is a snail Mail Law with respect to key CCA documents)
          If they persist report them!

Comment

as I reported in the past many times these companies have multiple numbers (including your local area number to try and fool you to answer thinking its local)

Hence for years now the BT answer machine/phone blocker works, problem diminished!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              as I reported in the past many times these companies have multiple numbers (including your local area number to try and fool you to answer thinking its local)

Hence for years now the BT answer machine/phone blocker works, problem diminished!
              Surely that confirms deceptive practice and therefore potential harassment. I think I would make a formal complaint ( carefully worded) and follow it up with the Fos and FCA

Comment

Told business practice . So might be interesting if you did
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Surely if you have told them not to call and they keep doing it that is time for a complaint. PDL rollovers were business practice until they weren’t. Telephone harassment was until a court ruled it wasn’t good practice. Never be scared to take the buggers on. Debt purchasers lie or maybe I should say misrepresent the truth.

The art is keeping the balance, never admit, never tell them anything they don’t need to know.

play it correctly and you may never see the inside of a court

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

I agree with Warwick65 who has written elsewhere that you are the judge of what is harassment.

I consider any DCA that uses fresh phone numbers because of blocked numbers is evidence of harassment!
                    Send both of these the Harassment AAD template letter.
                    Everything in Snail Mail and Writing only (the CCA is a snail Mail Law with respect to key CCA documents)
                    If they persist report them!
                    Twice on this thread link to harassment letters were afforded - were they sent?

Comment

Working...
                    X