GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ZINC Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZINC Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ZINC Group

Quick update

I called them and asked for the Consumer credit No which they didn't have but offered to give me a number for the CSA (credit services association)
    Finally found out what it was about
    An old CCJ with Forward Trust (1993 £248) although they told me that it was HSBC and they had the wrong address (an old one)
    I told them that they should pass it back to forward trust and DG solicitors as they had all the deatils to be asked who they were and told someone else owned the account. Of course they were glaswegian so could have been telling me the moon was green for all i know
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...73&postcount=8
    I countered with there has been no notice of assignment so go away and maybe I should put in a complaint to the OFT

What does anyone think?
    Last edited by jon1965; 27 June 2012, 11:52.

Comment

For how many months did you pay it off at the rate of £5 per month?

If you'd done that for five years, you'll already have paid too much.

If any is still owed, the creditor would find it difficult to enforce a judgement after nineteen years, so you may well be quite safe to tell yon numpties "awa an' bile yer heids!".

Also report them to your local Trading Standards department, as operating as a debt collector without an appropriate licence is more than slightly naughty.

Comment

Thanks Cloggy and FP

I have called Glasgow trading standards and now CAB consumer help line.
        They have registered a complaint asked me if i wanted to be anon and I said OH NO tell them if you like.

Also emailed OFT and CSA.

Well that is my fun for today

Cloggy , as a good friend of mine would say it is probably full of "illegal charges and PPI"

Even if they want to try and enforce it the fact I will be BR before then is of no concern to me so let them do their worst

Comment

I would go and ask his advice , but I can't be bothered to set up profile 10000000

Comment

Bugger they do have a CCL 624362

Comment

If i was planning to call them, then i wold hide my number so it can't be traced back (141xxxxxxx). Also looking at the company website registered in Stratford Upon Avon (a lovely place, canal, theatre, expensive tastes), that the office registered is for Commercial business, and the office in Glasgow is 'New' and its NOT for commercial business.........perhaps assuming that its in process for there licence?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It seems that the CCL number given to me by the CSA belongs to
                Complete Credit Consultancy Limited6450797

Looking at Zincgroup ltd Company Number: 6771789

One part of it is Complete credit consultancy ltd with a different registered address to the one quoted in the licence.

As another "good friend" of mine would say "something isn't quite right here"

Comment

I got this email today from OFT.
                  Such a shame
                  Any suggestions?

Direct line
                  (0845) 722 4499
                  Our ref
                  Epic/Enq/E/129311
                  Fax
                  (020) 7211 8877
                  Date
                  3 July 2012
                  Email
                  enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Dear Mr

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)
                  Complaint Against: The Zinc Group
                  Licence No: Unlicensed

Thank you for your email received on 27 June 2012.

Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, if a business wishes to be involved in activities relating to consumer credit or hire, including debt collection and debt management, they must have a consumer credit licence. The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has duty to enforce the Act, along with local authority Trading Standards Services (TSS).

Upon checking the information provided in your email, it appears that this trader does not hold a consumer credit licence. I have therefore forwarded your complaint to the TSS where the trader is based for it to consider investigating the matter of unlicensed trading in their area. The TSS is:

Warwickshire County Council
                  Trading Standards Service
                  Old Budbrooke Road
                  Warwick
                  Warwickshire
                  CV35 7DP

I note that you have contacted your local Leicestershire trading standards who may be able to provide further advice, or you may wish to consider seeking independent legal advice.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Comment

sounds like a bit of a result
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes it is and they are, I feel quite pleased with myself. Just hope they phone again .
                      Can i sue them for £520...just the amount I need

Comment

Don't ruin my little fantasies.
                        Shame though.
                        Do hope they call again though, I can have some fun

Comment

Shame that the Public (or the person forwarded details) don't get anything for it for 'Whistle Blowing'

Comment

Been a while since I posted on here but warwickshire TS emailed me to say that they were covered by the CCL of complete credit consultancy.
                            When I look at the website complete cc is a part of The zinc group so i have emailed Warwickshire trading standards to see if this is ok and included this link

About Us

Comment

Working...
                            X