GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Settlement invalid default notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settlement invalid default notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Settlement invalid default notice

i know how you feel,before i came here i was on the verge of signing my self into a nut house,but after reading thru peoples experiences on here and on mse especialy worried jims turned me around then i spoke to the cccs who backed up what most people on the forums state ie they cannot have what you aint got the reason i went down the ue route was to keep some of my debts at bay so i could sort the enforceable ones faster,now thou if i can get a ue then they will get nowt out of me i dont care about my credit file because i never want to be in this situation again,the other thing to bear in mind if you do want rid of the debt with f&f offer then surely if the debt was ue they would accept a much lower f&f offer
    at the start of this journey i owed
    £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
    £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
    on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
    as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
    ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

I am in a CCCS plan and have been for the last year my credit rating has gone so I am not worried about that anymore
      I dont have any secured debt just 50K on credit cards
      I do send the template letters however creditors seem to ignore them,
      Cabot have bought a CITI Credit card for 20K and there is no Agreement
      It seems this UE is difficult to prove these days and with recent ruling its a tough one to challenge
      This F & F with UE they do not go for a lower settlement ...

I have my own home and no matter what thats what I need to protect

Comment

Originally posted by tiger
        I am in a CCCS plan and have been for the last year my credit rating has gone so I am not worried about that anymore
        I dont have any secured debt just 50K on credit cards
        I do send the template letters however creditors seem to ignore them,
        Cabot have bought a CITI Credit card for 20K and there is no Agreement
        It seems this UE is difficult to prove these days and with recent ruling its a tough one to challenge
        This F & F with UE they do not go for a lower settlement ...

I have my own home and no matter what thats what I need to protect
        Hiya, they will not touch your home - do you know that a charging order ONLY means they get a second charge, so when you sell they get their share after the mortgage has been paid off - if you never sell, then they never get paid! They cannot make you homeless you know, not for unsecured debt!

As i've said several times as there were no agreements you NEED to pursue UE and let me worry about fighting them for you, do you think i'll sit here and let them take your house? Hardly! Now it is up to you of course but for instance Phoenix had £150k of debt, has her own house and is now at the end of the process where she is getting less hassle now than when she had the accounts live! Point is they cannot do fook-all to you and they want you to panic like you are doing, they win!

Stop listening to their bland and worthless threats and consider the UE challenge. It is your best bet right now, sod F&F's, you will still be paying over the odds so expect to pay back £30k of the £50k owed. Let the accounts default and sit in limbo for a year and/or chase UE then you'll get to make offers nearer £10k to clear the same £50k debt. Point is stop worrying, read the diaries on here and see for yourself who is in charge - it aint the lenders or the DCA's and for the last time the recent court cases and guidance has not changed anything so stop thinking it has! If you're reading bollox on CAG and the like then please keep it away from here, nothing has changed - nothing!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by wishfullthinking
          the other thing to bear in mind if you do want rid of the debt with f&f offer then surely if the debt was ue they would accept a much lower f&f offer
          Incorrect assumption to make, only a court can confirm if an account is unenforceable, and as such a dca and/or lender does not listen to threats about that when considering a F&F - they would rather take their chances at the CCJ than give in to your demands. However it depends on a lot of other factors, just cos they have not sent a CCA does not mean they will not reproduce one (recon)..... so don't hold to that illusion cos it just aint true i'm afraid..... k
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Never In Doubt I am with you I am just trying to close the account the best way I can without too much hassle also I dont have a big piggy bank thats the reason I am in debt crazy world you lose your job and Bumba the whole world turns around!

Comment

I know what you're saying so plod along and do a proper UE diary and we'll sort this for you.......

You keep saying you want to close it, the ONLY way to "close" it is to pay it off. Even if UE they will (and can) hassle you, doesn't mean they can do much but they will pester you i'm afraid..... forget closure unless you can pay the debts off otherwise they stay open until 6yrs since last payment at which point the debt is then Statute Barred meaning you "legally" never have to pay again (Limitations Act).... 2

make sense? ;EEK

Comment

It makes sense and I am in a CCCS plan I just want to close the flippin account as quickly as I can I have the interest frozen I am trying to do Snowboarding (not sure if that is the correct term) tick these cards off 1 by 1

Comment

Hmmm, I know what you're saying - you know best. Best of Luck y

Comment

I dont know best.... I wish I did I wish I could negotiate a better way to settle on a F & F but nobody wants to play

Comment

Originally posted by tiger
                      I dont know best.... I wish I did I wish I could negotiate a better way to settle on a F & F but nobody wants to play
                      They will if you have the funds to do what you promise, if the account is defaulted and if the account is being handled by a DCA that has been chasing for some time.... as I said, a lot of factors come into play when dealing with F&F and the BEST advice is to give them the run around so they are wasting time and money, longer the better, then make an offer a year or two down the line after default - at that point you'll easily negotiate a 10% settlement sum.

Any earlier or with the debt being managed by the lender, forget it - why would they give you free money? Its not a write off til they sell it at which point the DCA can make better offers based on that they paid for the account (usually between 12p-30p in the £1) 2

Comment

Working...
                      X