GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Famous Bankrupts both past & present... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famous Bankrupts both past & present...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Famous Bankrupts Old & New

Toni Braxton, old R&B singer, forget how much she went BR for, but i think it was due to record company advance payments, and actual record sales never met the amount she was paid and spent.

You can add me to the list! £190k back in 2004 LOL ok im not famous but still.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Westlife singer Shane Filan declared bankrupt in UK

Court order comes a month after boyband star's Ireland-based property development company went into receivership. The Westlife singer Shane Filan has become the latest victim of the Irish property bubble after being declared bankrupt in the UK. The 32-year-old, whose boyband career saw him share in the group's estimated £31m fortune, said he was devastated by the move, which happened just days before Westlife play their farewell show in Dublin. Filan's announcement came as an Irish couple who amassed an £800m international property portfolio started bankruptcy proceedings in London on Thursday. Filan was declared bankrupt this week at Kingston county court in Surrey, a month after his Ireland-based property development company went into receivership. The bankruptcy order lasts for a year but would have lasted for three years had it been filed in Ireland....Read more HERE
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Follow up:

Celebrities who went bankrupt - Telegraph

Peter Stringfellow
        Donald Trump
        Christopher Biggins
        Gary Coleman
        Neil Morrisey

to name a few............

Comment

I think the main problem is the general publics view of Bankruptcy , in the USA it would seem that no one holds it against you. It just shows you tried to make things better for yourself and family.

In the UK it still has a stigma to it, we are a funny bunch , they dont like you if your a success and it the same if they see you as a failure!!!!

Back on the subject though, I remember when Donald Trump was made bankrupt, he was given if my memory serves me correctly £5K a month to live on!!!!

Comment

donald trump businesses went bankrupt not him personally - But still the same thing lol

Agree what you say, but allows/shows us that famous people that has to file/can go bankrupt and its not wrong for ordinary people to feel guilty that its the on;y last thing in life (If its to be, then its a wait of one - thats the good thing?)

Comment

Re: Famous Bankrupts both past & present...

Former EastEnders actress and best-selling author Martine McCutcheon has been declared bankrupt.

Martine McCutcheon, star of Love Actually and once billed as once of Britain's most successful soap-to-screen stars, has been declared bankrupt. The actress petitioned for bankruptcy at Kingston-Upon-Thames County Court under her given name, Martine Kimberley Sherri Ponting. She will be discharged from bankruptcy on January 2, 2014......Read more here
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                Former EastEnders actress and best-selling author Martine McCutcheon has been declared bankrupt.

Martine McCutcheon, star of Love Actually and once billed as once of Britain's most successful soap-to-screen stars, has been declared bankrupt. The actress petitioned for bankruptcy at Kingston-Upon-Thames County Court under her given name, Martine Kimberley Sherri Ponting. She will be discharged from bankruptcy on January 2, 2014......Read more here
                Also found here at AAD Media pages and Blogs: Martine McCutcheon declared bankrupt - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by debtinfo View Post
                  Yep she is still bankrupt 2 years 2 months and counting
                  which is a joke as she lives in a massive mansion and still spends money like its falling off trees .

Comment

70's supermodel janice dickinson declared bankuptcy with an alledged debt of over $1 million dollars...

Janice Dickinson's life in pictures - Bankrupt Janice Dickinson: her life in pics

Comment

Dionne Warwick files for bankruptcy, owing $10m

Walk On By singer Dionne Warwick has filed for bankruptcy in the US after amassing debts of almost $10 million (£6.6m) in taxes since 1991.

The singer's liabilities include nearly $7m owed to the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) from 1991 to 1999 and more than $3m in business taxes owed to the state of California, where she lives.

Warwick, 72, has sold more than 100 million records since the 1960s.

Her publicist said she had been the victim of poor financial management.

Read more here --- > BBC News - Dionne Warwick files for bankruptcy, owing $10m

Comment

Two things caught my eye in that story. She is a cousin of the late Whitney Houston (never new that). She has a monthly income of nearly £14,000 and a similar amount in monthly expenses Can you imagine what a DCA would make of her I & E Form

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                          Two things caught my eye in that story. She is a cousin of the late Whitney Houston (never new that). She has a monthly income of nearly £14,000 and a similar amount in monthly expenses Can you imagine what a DCA would make of her I & E Form
                          I'm surprised you didn't know that.

What on earth does she spend £14,000 a month on?
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            What on earth does she spend £14,000 a month on?
                            Well it's definitely not her hairdresser

Comment

Kerry Katona declared bankrupt for the SECOND time in 5 years

See 5corpios blog -- > Kerry Katona declared bankrupt for the SECOND time - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Matt King (AKA Super Hans) from C4's peep show

declared personal bankrputcy

C4's Peep Show actor bankrupt

Comment

Working...
                                X