GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Baliff Making further demands - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baliff Making further demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baliff Making further demands

Originally posted by pepsie View Post
    I agree to there being a need for more info as each case is different but, this is the second one this month that I have offered help to following exactly the same format...2/3 days late with payment and bang all sorts of charges applied and threats made, my lady was from Coventry, she did as I have suggested to the OP and her local councillor went to the top of the tree for her, Result...they re-arranged her payment plan to suit her income (she is now to pay half the amount she was paying the bailiffs and is now to pay direct to the Council. That will see the outstanding CT paid before the start of the new financial year and the enforcement fee has been shelved. Her next due date for payment is January 31st 2015, I had to smile at that since 31st is a Saturday (crafty buggars) but I have suggested she set it all on SO to reach them at least a week early.

My lady entered into agreement with them within the 7 day time frame she has a history of paying on time and her councillor was, to say the least, furious at the way they had jumped straight in and put her under pressure to clear the balance forthwith.
    Yes sounds like a good result , however it depends if this is the same situation, it may be it may not, in any case she needs to protect her goods in the short term as they may seize the car whilst all this is being sorted out otherwise.

It is I agree appalling the way that some authorities apply for liability orders at the drop of a hat.

Comment

Working...
    X