GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA Phone Calls at Work - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Phone Calls at Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA Phone Calls at Work

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
      I get that, SNV, but the thing is the account that they are ringing me about is not being dealt with by them. The reason I know this is because the number that they are ringing me on only one card company would know and they do not How can I tell them to f*** off without including an account number?
      You don't know that for sure. The minute you give out your phone number to one company then others, sooner or later, will get hold of it. Either through bodies like NHunter, or sharing of data through 'prevention of fraud' etc.

You can just tell them to f*** off. They don't know its you they're speaking to unless you answer security questions
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes
        Even being the sole director of a limited company need not be a problem, as the telephone number assigned to you has now been assigned to the company. It would have been easier, though, if Jack Jones, acting as company secretary of Robt. Smith Ltd had told AIC to get lost, as it looks more official than if the demand were to be sent by Bob Smith himself.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          You don't know that for sure. The minute you give out your phone number to one company then others, sooner or later, will get hold of it. Either through bodies like NHunter, or sharing of data through 'prevention of fraud' etc.

You can just tell them to f*** off. They don't know its you they're speaking to unless you answer security questions
          I'm not really bothered if they know it's me or not. I just want them to stop calling my company landline. I only meant telling them to f*** off figuratively speaking.

Thinking about it, I'm fairly certain that the telephone number has only been gained off the company website. Therefore, that can only mean one company has gained the details as the credit card is in my company name with me listed on the card.

Comment

I had hassle from AIC, who were patricuarly stroppy on the phone

It was for an MBNA card and when they called they ignored the requests for them to cease using this number

The next time they called I went through security and asked if they had all the info from MBNA, yes they said.

Oh good (I replied), you will know that I have told MBNA to cease calling me on this number and any continued use of this number gives consent by the party calling to record all calls and distribute them to anyone.

Then it went from stroppyness to 'yes mr ..., no mr .... ' all polite and fluffy.

Funnliy enough they stopped calling after that.

Comment

I think that the only way I am going to find out what account they are ringing for is to answer the phone and ask them. I have no qualms about doing this but another way may be to send all of the people communicating with me the stop calling me letter. The problem with this is that that way will cost me a few quid as there are quite a few firms contacting me!

Comment

Curiosity killed the cat..........
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think that the only way I am going to find out what account they are ringing for is to answer the phone and ask them. I have no qualms about doing this but another way may be to send all of the people communicating with me the stop calling me letter. The problem with this is that that way will cost me a few quid as there are quite a few firms contacting me!
                  Just wait it out a bit. They will send a letter once they have exhausted trying to contact you by phone and then you'll know for sure.
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

I know but I need to be proactive on this one rather than reactive as I really need them not to ring this number. They have been contacting me for a while, not every day but enough, it is going to cause me a problem if I just let it continue unchecked....
                    Last edited by billytommo; 27 July 2012, 07:01.

Comment

Do they not leave their reference number on a voicemail? They do on mine.

Comment

There is no voicemail on the line. It is a line that I have set up intended for business use but not yet in full flow. I am intending to have more traffic on it in the near future and am looking to outsource the receipt of the calls to a third party company. That is why I want to stop these eejits calling the number. Even if I change the number that will be advertised on the website so they will know to ring the new number. Added to the fact that I have got equipment with the number printed on them.

Comment

Talking of phone calls I obviously receive them on my personal landline and mobile but I am not at all bothered about them because I just ignore them. However, I have just installed a TrueCall unit on my personal landline and, I must say, I am well impressed. It isn't cheap at around the £100 mark but then you get what you pay for! Can't fit that on my business line though as I need to divert it to a telephone answering service.
                          Last edited by billytommo; 3 August 2012, 06:09.

Comment

Working...
                          X