GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bailiffs coming tomorrow - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bailiffs coming tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bailiffs coming tomorrow

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
    Morning SnV,

From a Mag Court, technically they can force entry, but they won't in this case. There's also the problem with Form 4 complaints that due to their overuse, bailiffs are taking in barristers with them, and the debtor is having huge costs awarded against them. In the last two weeks I've seen costs of £11000 and £17000 awarded against the debtor. The Form 4 should only be used for major, last resort complaints. I know it's wrong, but equally none of us would want the OP put in that position.

Hopefully the revision of bailiff law going through at the moment will bring some sense to many areas.
    Yeah thats nasty, makes you wonder if its a retaliation against the bad press that some bailiff firms have got in recent months.

I hope the reform will change things to, however my experience in these areas is that it will be those doing the most lobbying that will have their needs met. I hope that this will not be the case here but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We haven't heard from the OP yet, so hopefully everything has been fine this morning......

Best

SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Bailiffs coming tomorrow

Hi Fallen Skies,

Thanks for your message again - it's best if possible to keep everything on open forum so others can chip in to help as well.

You said you have paid the court fine, but not the bailiff charges, so there is still £300 outstanding.

The bailiffs will return for this, so you need to be proactive in stopping them. For a Magistrates' Court fine, the best thing you can do is go to the court and ask for a Means Enquiry Hearing. These are totally at the discretion of the court, so you may or may not be granted. However, if you want to avoid the bailiffs, you need to keep going back and back and back - keep on and on asking. If you have any medical conditions, get a note from your GP as this often helps get a hearing.

You'll then be ordered to repay the £300 outstanding at an affordable rate.

Eventually you'll get a Means Enquiry hearing anyway, but it would be good to bring it forward to avoid hassle for yourself.

Can you explain what you were ordered to pay in the first place and when this was please. Have you miseed any payments? If you have, have you received a 'Further Steps' notice from the court?

If you could go to the court as suggested, and also answer the above questions on open forum please, then we know what we're dealing with and where to go.

Comment

Working...
      X