GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lowell letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lowell letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lowell letters

Originally posted by rod View Post
    They have sent separate letters for the Lloyd & Vodafone a/c, but they only mentioned the CL finance when they replied after I sent the "prove it" letter for the Vodafone a/c. I have only sent a cca request for the Lloyd a/c, shall I send separate cca request for the other 2?
    I would, even if only to take your account out of the auto-generated template letter database. On receipt of your letters Lowells will have to stop and think what to do next about each one individually.

I have a feeling that the Lloyds bank account should have a different CCA request since section 78 doesn't apply to current accounts. Wait for clarity on that.

Could you post up more details of the three debts stating date account opened and amount owed so we can take a proper good look for you

I might even be tempted to suggest you start a diary to bring all your money hassles into one place. I'll get back to you on that later.

Comment

Whats the alleged balance on the mobile phone contract? Under £750?
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Whats the alleged balance on the mobile phone contract? Under £750?

The mobile bill may well be below £750 but Lowells will have thrown it into the mix with the other two debts for obvious reasons

Comment

To help us, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

So we can get a clear picture of what's going on.. can you provide the info about .....

Separate post for each debt...

Thank you....

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
            I would, even if only to take your account out of the auto-generated template letter database. On receipt of your letters Lowells will have to stop and think what to do next about each one individually.

I have a feeling that the Lloyds bank account should have a different CCA request since section 78 doesn't apply to current accounts. Wait for clarity on that.

Could you post up more details of the three debts stating date account opened and amount owed so we can take a proper good look for you

I might even be tempted to suggest you start a diary to bring all your money hassles into one place. I'll get back to you on that later.
            Ok thanks I will check and gather up information on the debts and post shortly.

Comment

You're absolutely right PlanB

Rod- have a read of this re overdrafts. It's quite experimental but it's kept my OD at bay for over a year. The templates are on the first page:
              http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                You're absolutely right PlanB

Rod- have a read of this re overdrafts. It's quite experimental but it's kept my OD at bay for over a year. The templates are on the first page:
                http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information
                I have already sent the s.77-79 cca request letter, shall just wait and see what comes back before I send the overdraft letter?

Comment

Yeah that's fine Rod. Anything to confuzzle them

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                    Yeah that's fine Rod. Anything to confuzzle them
                    Thanks

Comment

Ok thanks I will check and gather up information on the debts and post shortly.
                      I'm in the process of gathering information on my debts to forward to you. However, I have now received a reply from Lovell regarding the 2 credit agreement request letter ( Lloyd bank -£1,390.97 & Vodafone- 878.04) that I sent on 28/2/14 stating that. "the request for payment is a service agreement and not a credit agreement as defined by the consumer credit act 1974" for the Vodafone A/C and a request for a sign credit agreement for the Lloyd bank is exempt as it is a current a/c.

They have however placed both A/C on hold, as you said they would do, while they request the statements.

According to Lowell the Vodaphone A/C commence on th 1/4/05 and the last payment I made was £200 on 17/9/210.

The Lloyds bank a/c may well date back 6 yr but I will need to check this.

I would very much appreciate any advice you can give me on this.

Thanks

Comment

I'm in the process of gathering information on my debts to forward to you. However, I have now received a reply from Lovell regarding the 2 credit agreement request letter ( Lloyd bank -£1,390.97 & Vodafone- 878.04) that I sent on 28/2/14 stating that. "the request for payment is a service agreement and not a credit agreement as defined by the consumer credit act 1974" for the Vodafone A/C and a request for a sign credit agreement for the Lloyd bank is exempt as it is a current a/c.

They have however placed both A/C on hold, as you said they would do, while they request the statements.

According to Lowell the Vodaphone A/C commence on th 1/4/05 and the last payment I made was £200 on 17/9/210.

The Lloyds bank a/c may well date back 6 yr but I will need to check this.

I would very much appreciate any advice you can give me on this.

Thanks
                        I am going to send the overdraft letter for the Lloyd bank A/C today and then wait for the statement for the Vodafone A/C.

Comment

I have sent a CCA request letter to Robinson Way re: santander bank overdraft debt = 1,498.00 and to Lowell re: Lloyds bank overdraft debt -£1,390. they have both sent me statements which shows I have made no payment since 2007, does this means the debt can no longer be enforce as its been over 6yrs since I made any payments.

on the vodafone debt =£ 878 I also sent CCA request to Lowell and they have replied stating that its a service agreement not a credit agreement is there anything I can do to stop them harassing me

any help on this will be much appropriated.

Comment

I have sent a CCA request letter to Robinson Way re: santander bank overdraft debt = 1,498.00 and to Lowell re: Lloyds bank overdraft debt -£1,390. they have both sent me statements which shows I have made no payment since 2007, does this means the debt can no longer be enforce as its been over 6yrs since I made any payments.
                            I think they would be statute barred if the last payments were 2007. Overdrafts are a bit more complicated since the SB clock runs from when the bank called in the OD and demanded full payment. Have you any idea when that may have happened?

Weren't these accounts being managed by Lowells so have they outsourced these to Robinson Way since March when you sent your CCA request? What was the contents of the last letter you received and who was it from?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              I think they would be statute barred if the last payments were 2007. Overdrafts are a bit more complicated since the SB clock runs from when the bank called in the OD and demanded full payment. Have you any idea when that may have happened?

Weren't these accounts being managed by Lowells so have they outsourced these to Robinson Way since March when you sent your CCA request? What was the contents of the last letter you received and who was it from?
                              Only the Lloyds A/C is managed by Lowells, The a/c are separate i sent out two separate CCA request. I received letters from each stating that now we have issued the statements please contact us to discuss payments.

I don't recall the banks ever called in the overdraft or demand payment they were just charging me interest

Comment

Working...
                              X