GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help needed with MK Rapid Recoveries plus Bryan Carter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with MK Rapid Recoveries plus Bryan Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed with MK Rapid Recoveries plus Bryan Carter

They varey rarely respond within 14 working days, so just wait and see what happens.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Battendown View Post
      I feel more empowered now I've made the first steps by sending off the cca request.
      And you'll feel even more empowered when you respond to their threats by fighting back.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BARCLAYS NOW OWNED BY MK RAPID RECOVERIES

Type of account (credit card/loan) .....
        CREDIT CARD

Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) .....APPROX 2001

Approx balance .....£4.000

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment).... APPROX END OF 2009, BUT May have acknowledged it since with a type of insurance. I don't want to give too much info out just incase DCAs read this.

Are you on arrangement or not paying....NOT PAYING

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)..... DEFAULTED

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) .....MK RAPID RECOVERIES/COMPELLO

We also have other debt with MK Rabid myself and hubbie have a ccj each.

Niddy advised to Cca them so will be doing that.

CCA POSTED AND RECEIVED BY MK RAPID RECOVERIES, waiting for their response.
        Received letter from MK Rapid Recoveries on the 26th Feb to say I have not got in touch with them blah blah. Must have got crossed in the post with the letter I sent them.

28th Feb 2014 received letter from MKDP
        Received letter 28th Feb 2014 dated 26th Feb

Dear Battendown
        Further to your recent request for recent documents relating to the outstanding balance stated above.

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to fulfil your request. MKDP LLP takes great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner and as such we will be liaising with your Original Creditor to request the required documentation.

We will contact you as soon as we receive the documents you have requested.

In the meantime should you require more information regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0330 300 1004. Our. Office opening hours are ....
        Yours sincerely
        Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a stormy ride !!

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

It's been well over the 12+2 days, should I be writing to them again or leaving for a while ?

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            And you'll feel even more empowered when you respond to their threats by fighting back.
            Thank you Pixie, it feels great I've got them "looking in their basements now"

Comment

Letter received 28/2/14 from Bryan carter dated 26th Feb
              Dear Mr Battendown
              We thank you for your communication regarding this account.
              We have referred the matter to our client and will revert to you as soon as we are in receipt of instructions.
              In the meantime, we confirm that we have placed your account on hold.
              Yours etc BC

As this is well over the 12+2 days. Should I send them another letter or just wait ?

Comment

It's been well over the 12+2 days, should I be writing to them again or leaving for a while ?
                I can't see any reason to write to them again. You've sent your CCA request. MKDP has acknowledge receipt of it and told you they will have to liaise with the original creditor. The ball is in their court while you sit back and wait . . . . and wait . . . . and wait. . . . . I've been waiting since 2010 for my Barclaycard CCA.

Enjoy the peace and quiet

Comment

Letter received 28/2/14 from Bryan carter dated 26th Feb
                  Dear Mr Battendown
                  We thank you for your communication regarding this account.
                  We have referred the matter to our client and will revert to you as soon as we are in receipt of instructions.
                  In the meantime, we confirm that we have placed your account on hold.
                  Yours etc BC

As this is well over the 12+2 days. Should I send them another letter or just wait ?
                  This must be your Lowells' account managed by Freds which unsurprisingly landed on the desk of Bryan Carter.

I would say the same applies as my last post which is you've submitted your s.78 CCA request. BC has signed for it, and their last letter confirms that the account is on hold while they deal with it. The ball is in Lowells/Freds' court and off Bryan Carter's desk until or unless they're instructed to do anything. I can't think of anything you need to do right now.

Cheers again

Comment

Hi PlanB

Thank you for your reply and lovely to speak to you again.

I'm just going to take your advice and sit back and relax, and hope that they never find it !!

Comment

UPDATE

Letter received today 2nd April from MKDP,

Account Ref xxxxxxxxxx
                      Original account ref xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Original creditor Barclays (only they were not the original creditor)
                      Balance outstanding £ Almost 4,000

Dear Mrs Battendown

Further to your recent communication please find enclosed documents you have requested.

• Statements of Account

Please note a copy of the Credit Agreement has also been requested and will be forwarded to you upon receipt.

We request you contact us on xxxxxxxxxx to discuss means of repayment. Our office opening hours are blah blah blah.

Yours sincerely

MKDP LLP

What should I do next as they are asking for payment and I haven't received the cca. What letter should I be sending them if any ?

I know that MKDP are trigger happy with litigation as I have ignored them in the past (during my ostrich period lol) to my cost and have a ccj with them and so does hubby.

Comment

I'd just wait and see what happens next................

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                          I'd just wait and see what happens next................
                          Hi Mrs D, and many thanks for your reply. Ok, I'll chill out a d await their next move.

Comment

Be a bit carefully with Mkdp they like to issue claims through Northampton bulk centre on mass and hope they get a default judgement.

Comment

Do the postal orders not count if they are crossed and made payable to mkdp llp ?

Comment

absolutely not, you are paying a statutary fee for a service, nothing at all to do with a runofthemill payment

Comment

Working...
                                X