GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ Expiry - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ Expiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Expiry

It really bites when you escape by having nothing and thereby nothing to lose. I hope life is getting better Richard.

Shame we can't force them to use Grecian 2000 and rid them of their grey areas, whilst keeping ours, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Fair point but as I said, it is open to interpretation plus, they would HAVE to seek court approval regardless; prior to any action; as its now +6yrs.

OP is Currently assetless so no CO can be forthcoming

But valid points. It's a very grey area plus we have few, if any, cases to go by where a court granted action after +6yrs...

Hi everyone,

A quick question on this topic of a ccj that is over six years old. What if u had a property on your name. Would it be possible for the DCA to get a CO for the ccj that is +6yrs.

Comment

The same rules apply as Niddy has said, while there is a slim chance they can obtain a CO, they would still need to tell a court why they have waited 6 years to enforce a CCJ. Because of the limited number of cases where it has been granted after 6 years, its unlikely.

Although a CO may be consider not enforcing a debt, they would still need to seek aproval by the courts to obtain one. And you would have the right to defend it.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X