GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script power2contact - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

power2contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: power2contact

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    they have as much right to be in your property as your neighbour's cat!
    In fact less rights, and, just like your neighbours cat, should they wish to make a deposit in your garden, get the housepipe out on them.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Unfortunately Monty it can be very stressful thinking about one of these visits. Me and Mrs RTB are foster carers and our front door is right next to the front room. We always went into 'what if...' scenarios - what if they turn up and we've got half a dozen social workers visiting?, what if one of our foster placements answers the door? The stress that comes from thinking about these sorts of things is a bazillion times worse than reality. When they did pay us a visit it wasn't stressful at all. Mrs RTB just ignored them and they sauntered off. I'd have quite merrily put a flea in their ear if I'd been there.

Remember, and communicate this to Mrs Monty:

They are there purely to apply pressure to you
      They are not bailiffs
      They have no authority
      They cannot enter your house
      You don't have to speak to them
      You can ask them to leave
      If they don't then you can tell them to feck off with abandon
      If they don't leave then you can call the police
      you can ignore them with impunity

Use the templates that Niddy & Co have put together.

The creditors know this sort of tactic stresses so many people out and this is why they do it. Don't let them get under your skin, you are in charge, it's your house, your life.

Power2Contact only just about have the power to cast a shadow!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Sorry, I didn't mean it in a derogatory sense, I was trying to explain that even grannies can handle such visits so don't worry....

Ahh bugger it I'm digging a deeper hole, I'll forget it

But you know what I meant, I hope!

"YES HE DID", just because we are well over 60 yrs, he was getting at your zimmer frame which you may lend me soon??? hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa oopppppssssss kicked off this site as well - Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!! got to have hip replacement soon.

Just remember Niddy = Judge Jeffries thought he was it , he was hung on stonegallows later. Grannies not allowed to say that these days call them Mimmy.
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 27 September 2012, 08:22.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
          sorry if i sound like im having a go at you, so far this evening i have come home from work, picked up these letters, had grief from the wife as she is worried that some baliff will come round the house and take all her nice things, along with the stress and embarresment of that, plus shes had a shit day at work, which has now become my fault and the dog wont stop continually barking at me.

im am just pissed off with this shit, i was dealing with cougar but now i just want to go bananas! to put it nicely.

Can i refuse to deal with them and just refer back to dealing with capital one as these pricks are idiots.
          Don't worry Monty. The yellow card states they will call Wednesday, but not which Wednesday. Idiots. It is just intimidation to get you to call them which obviously you wont. They have to agree a time and date with you to call on you, if you don't agree one..........

Some collection agents like to mislead by referring to Armstrong v Miller as a one off case. It was a high court ruling so it stands. I had several of these cards from P2C, just kept sending letters denying them an appointment ( Door step visit letter ) and they did not turn up.

I had one doorstep visit. Just told them that the debt was disputed, they were trespassing and to piss off before I called the police.

These maggots have less rights than the Milkman, so don't panic.

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
            "YES HE DID", just because we are well over 60 yrs, he was getting at your zimmer frame which you may lend me soon??? hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa oopppppssssss kicked off this site as well - Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!! got to have hip replacement soon.

Just remember Niddy = Judge Jeffries thought he was it , he was hung on stonegallows later. Grannies not allowed to say that these days call them Mimmy.
            Thanks, Gangshield. Good to know that I am not the only one on here over 60!

You would have been very welcome to borow the Zimmer frame, but the physios took it back, after I graduated to sticks. Just have the one stick now - which I no longer need (at the moment, never say never!).

Although I did not need a hip replacement (yet!) I made a really good recovery and I am sure you will do the same.,

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              Thanks, Gangshield. Good to know that I am not the only one on here over 60!

You would have been very welcome to borow the Zimmer frame, but the physios took it back, after I graduated to sticks. Just have the one stick now - which I no longer need (at the moment, never say never!).

Although I did not need a hip replacement (yet!) I made a really good recovery and I am sure you will do the same.,

Well not quite zimmer frame time but severe O. S. painful alot of the time, also phsyatica in the same knee, so I keep walking (limping) get back to the Doctors soon. Physio said to me why did they send you here you need that operation, but try this and that, be a waste of time he said the X Ray shows that..

Comment

Working...
              X