GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another Buchanan Clark & Wells Verification Letter query *worried* - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Buchanan Clark & Wells Verification Letter query *worried*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Buchanan Clark & Wells Verification Letter query *worried*

Originally posted by fredthefirst View Post
    Having looked everywhere (even taking to the ex) it appears that I havent paid the card off (dont flame me please). But I have no card, no paperwork or anything, I cant even find any account details.
    We wouldn't do anything like that on this forum.

What I do know is that this contact from BCW is the first I've had and I dispute the amount they say I owe (most definately) - 6.5 - to both our memories the limit was only 3.5. The debs store card was not a credit card that I am aware, just a store card.

So where do people suggest I go now??? - apart from the sleeping pills. :-(
    Don't lose any sleep over this.

Try and remember when you last paid - it does seem as if it's close to being Statute-barred.

The extra could have come from interest and charges but, if it's SB that won't matter.

I could pay it of at 100 a month but couldnt do more (even if I sold everything I had eek).

Any advice really appreciated.
    I wouldn't contact them or offer to pay anything. It seems as if they're having a final try at getting something from you before it becomes SB or getting you to admit the debt which would start the SB clock again.

BTW we don't give advice, we just give support based on our own experiences.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya again, Thaks for the comments (sorry I know this isnt an advice forum, my wording).

Well real life (work, hospital docs etc) all got in the way and things went quiet.

Its somewhere between 5 and 5.5 years since anything was paid on the store card and theres been no more contact from BCW.

Anyhow, today I've had a letter from a company called Scotcall who say they are now dealing with it and saying they will send a door collector if I dont immediately call them and arrange to pay.

The last thing I will do is call them (as previous comments have noted).

I 'think' i should write to them saying I dispute the figure and want full details from them over who. what etc.

Is this the correct way to go from peoples experience?, should I be asking for the contacts of Activ and their references and dispute direct with them?.

Is there a standard working letter online do people know.

Hope that all makes sense.

Fred.

Comment

Hiya again, Thaks for the comments (sorry I know this isnt an advice forum, my wording).

Well real life (work, hospital docs etc) all got in the way and things went quiet.

Its somewhere between 5 and 5.5 years since anything was paid on the store card and theres been no more contact from BCW.

Anyhow, today I've had a letter from a company called Scotcall who say they are now dealing with it and saying they will send a door collector if I dont immediately call them and arrange to pay.

The last thing I will do is call them (as previous comments have noted).

I 'think' i should write to them saying I dispute the figure and want full details from them over who. what etc.

Is this the correct way to go from peoples experience?, should I be asking for the contacts of Activ and their references and dispute direct with them?.

Is there a standard working letter online do people know.

Hope that all makes sense.

Fred.
        If it were me I would just but thats me
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
          If it were me I would just but thats me
          That's funny I2D because so would I!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            Scotcall threatened me with the same thing but never turned up! Maybe my Southern English doorstep is not much use up in Glasgow. Shame because I had my tea and special recipe biscuits all ready for the

They just passed the account back to their clients who in turn passed it back to the OC who has been quiet ever since!

Bet you hung the tea bag out to dry & use again, or they heard about your Tea???

Comment

Scotcall are useless at best.

Ignore it until and if anything further comes to.

no need to worry about it.
              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Hiya,

Sorry to gatecrash! I received one of these "verification Letters" today from Buchanan Clark & Wells, think i'll try the ignore technique !

Comment

Deary Me, you catch on quick!

Comment

Seriously dont stress about this, as most have said, its likely to be close to being statued barred, meaning they wont be able to get judgement against you because of the limitations act. These muppets are hoping you will ackowledge the debt in some way, so dont do anything.

Think of it like this, if they were able to take you to court, they would have by now. So really, chill.

Comment

Working...
                    X