GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Continuing Healthcare - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuing Healthcare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Continuing Healthcare

We missed out for 6 years. Wasn't till my poor Mum had passed away that the mismanagement of NHS Continuing Care came to light. We're still pursuing the claim retrospectively and after over a year have finally been told she did qualify for a full review. My sister and I have to go for a meeting with them in November to discuss her symptoms. She had something called Lewie Body Dementia, and lived in a make believe world where she could see, smell hear and feel her hallucinations. She was sent into a Nursing Home urgently (same day) by her GP when it became clear she was a danger to herself. Bless her.
    Even then NO ONE told us about NHS CNC or suggested we apply.

Edit: Here's the thread where P1 and I discuss our ongoing care claims, in case there's anything of use to you:
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...care-home-fees
    Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 18 September 2014, 10:26.

Comment

Thanks UE sorry to hear about your Mum, I'll have a read through the thread when I get a mo.

The care home shes in have asked the district nurses to re-assess Mum and they have, they apparently told the home they didn't think she'd qualify but have filled all the forms in anyway so we're waiting to hear if we progress to the next step which is the full review.

Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

What sort of message does it send out that if you save you'll have to pay for everything, but spend or hide your money and you'll get everything for free, and Cameron wants people to save for their future haha.

I obviously haven't got anything, and as this rate won't get any inheritance, but if I did it would be under my matress

Comment

There's no incentive at all. And I think Cameron wants people to save for HIS future

Comment

Working...
        X