GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Married couple driven to commit suicide by utter poverty - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married couple driven to commit suicide by utter poverty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Married couple driven to commit suicide by utter poverty

And again mate we now have an NHS hospital, our property, our health care being handed over to what is all and intents a private company who have to make a profit. Those are the basic accounting rules required under the Companies Act 1986 and amendments.

This will cost the taxpayer £10billion it said yesterday in one news bulletin. Would that not be better being invested in getting rid of the incompetents who run the NHS and all the support services and start bringing back proper district nurses, childrens nurses, matrons in hospitals and the like.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Oh agree m8 and in that hospital in Huntingdon the private will go first and the shareholders of Circle will come before care.

That Hospital is the first of PFI hospitals to go private and many more will follow when they cant meet the PFI payments.

A two tier system that will only make matters worse.

I am a member of NHS SOLENT and have done this so I can go to meetings etc in the hope I can get a word across.
      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 11 November 2011, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        I for one never thought I would see the day when Government would have blood on there hands
        Hey PF,

Do you really think it's just the Government with blood on their hands?

I think it's society as a whole. Maybe I belong to a different generation but this couple's families/neighbours would have seen/had some idea about this couple were living yet no-one offered to help them out?

Even if the couple had refused, someone, anyone, *should* have offered them something - not just taken their daughter away and left them to rot.

Garlok, this story actually has me seething - it may be 'acceptable' in 'developing countries' to have to walk miles and miles a day for some dirty, contaminated water (o.k I know they walked for veg but that's beside the point!!) but not here, I'm completely disgusted that this couple felt they had no choice but to kill themselves, their suffering must have been awful - I hope they are now at peace.
        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Isle of Wight Council care cuts unlawful - allaboutFORUMS

Lets hope this high court judgement will go some way in ensuring the above never happens again
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 11 November 2011, 15:38.

Comment

I'm with you here Angelic 100%. The "system" has bred into us as a society the idea that sheer unadulterate greed and "self is the epitomy of everything which is good. Personally whilst people are in these dire straits as here in this expample I would gladly wear a cockade hat with a tricolour rosette and pull the guillotine string on the heads of the bankers and finaciers that have caused alomost all this. I would strip their families of all of their assets, publicly humiliate them as well and make them live for the remainder of their lives on the lowest common denominator wage or below it.

I draw some comfort from places like this site in its own small way trying to make a change and realising that there are others in this awful society who think much on the same lines as I. In my dark moments I often muse as to which book to take down from the bookshelf, Das Kapital or Mein Kampf. But there you go, I am close enough to the end of my life to know my contribution to change for the better is going to be limited. I just hope that some younger folk can take something of what we say on board.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Angelic,

Do you really think it's just the Government with blood on their hands?
              Yes I do as it is the Government past and present that has modelled today's society into what it has become.

If the laws are not modelled to combat this there is no hope of it ever changing indeed the Government has to take the lead.

Comment

I too agree with Angelic. I think their entire neighbourhood shares the balme with the national systems which have failed them.

We had, until last year, an old man living next door. Each day I used to pop in and just spend five minutes having a chat, seeing if he needed anything and so on.

It is tragic that neighbourliness seems not to exist in many places now, in fact many don't even know the names of their next door neighbours.

As for your comments Garlok, I wish I could say that my generation and the next generation would learn. However, I just do not believe thihs will happen.

Comment

BBoo,

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, what has drawn society apart because it is nothing like it once was.

Comment

This story has clearly opened a can of worms but it's nice to see a healthy discussion come out of such a sad thread.

I completely understand what you're saying PF, there are clear divides between 'rich' and 'poor' by do you not think this is partly caused by parents 'feeding' the 'differences' to their offspring? Yes, some people have more money than others, some people have better cars/houses/holidays/clothes/shoes but what is that stuff? Material possessions which can be bought again, people can't ever be replaced. No-one is better than anyone else, we all just come from 'different places'

When it boils down to it, the government (and believe me, I am saying this through gritted teeth!) aren't to blame this time - it's the social service department that never seem to provide the services they should be.

If they hadn't killed themselves, would the woman have been taken away and her husband left to starve to death because he's a man and should know how to fend for himself?

I really hope someone will stand up, look their daughter in the eye and say 'It was my fault, I'm sorry' - but we all know that won't happen.

Comment

Angelic

I completely understand what you're saying PF, there are clear divides between 'rich' and 'poor' by do you not think this is partly caused by parents 'feeding' the 'differences' to their offspring? Yes, some people have more money than others, some people have better cars/houses/holidays/clothes/shoes but what is that stuff?
                      None of that bothers me besides that is a sign of a progressing nation, it is peoples attitude that goes with it.

When it boils down to it, the government (and believe me, I am saying this through gritted teeth!) aren't to blame this time - it's the social service department that never seem to provide the services they should be.
                      Social Services indeed you are right but why ? because they are under a lot of pressure from government with ever changing law and regulation.

I really hope someone will stand up, look their daughter in the eye and say 'It was my fault, I'm sorry' - but we all know that won't happen.
                      Indeed totally agree, one thing they are good at is passing the buck until the situation gets so confused nothing is done to change.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        Angelic

Social Services indeed you are right but why ? because they are under a lot of pressure from government with ever changing law and regulation.
                        Or again, that could be passing the buck, but social services passing it back to the government?

Comment

Working...
                        X