GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Overpayment of ESA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overpayment of ESA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overpayment of ESA

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Yes I am aware of all the impending changes and yes you are right in that his DLA awards will not be looked at until 2015 at the earliest as that is the same for me regarding DLA.

I do not think it will affect his DLA claim as it is you claiming carers allowance and not him, however I understand and appreciate your concern as PIP by all accounts will be harder to claim as they have tightened the criteria so hold fire until I can confirm that as gospel.
    Thanks pompeyfaith, I will hold on. I don't think I could handle any more turmoil right now, I just don't trust them.

Comment

I understand your fears Maggie and you are not alone many are suffering right now all we can do is be strong and take them to task questioning their every move, I am up against it myself with another claim for income related ESA about to start.

Comment

I share your pain Pompeyfaith They could not have made the process anymore demeaning and painful if they tried. To think that my other half went through all the stress of the ESA50, medical etc. and to now know that really he wasn't entitled to the money anyway. I know he continues to receive NI contributions but he has his 30 yrs in anyway!

I hope it all goes well for you and that you don't go through too much stress. Don't you just hate being in this position through no fault of your own and certainly not out of choice. x

Comment

A chap missed his jobcentre work interview today because his son died 12 hours previous guess what happened? he got sanctioned for 3 months unbelievable heartless b#stards

Comment

A chap missed his jobcentre work interview today because his son died 12 hours previous guess what happened? he got sanctioned for 3 months unbelievable heartless b#stards
            This is utterly shameful and disgusting. What sort of people are they who are running these departments? Heartless b#stards is too kind I believe. It never ceases to amaze me just how cruel people can be, and it's getting worse! My heart goes out to this family and shame on that individual who sanctioned him...The country has lost it's moral compass.

Comment

Would they really sanction him for that? Disgusting.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                I would put nothing past them Pixie, they can be heartless swines.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Yes Pixie they are ruthless

Comment

As you know PF, I've had some dealings with them myself but I didn't think they'd stoop so low as to sanction someone when their son had died 12 hours previously.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not just the jobcentre either as it appears some get great satisfaction too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-8758207.html

Comment

Disgusting PF.

I hope she's now trying to live on JSA...or, better still, nothing as surely she's made herself unemployed.

Comment

I think that will be the case pixie as there is great stink going on on FB and twitter so the chances are they will sacrifice her in order to keep there good name.

Too many people sound off on social networks without thinking of the consequences.

Comment

It's absolutely despicable. They're dehumanising the sick, elderly and unemployed and treating them like animals.
                            1984? Welcome to 2013!
                            Thank goodness for people like Pompey Faith who fight tooth and nail against these outrages.

Comment

just thought I would update you all to let you know that we have not heard anything from DWP as yet regarding my husbands apparent overpayment. Didn't want you to think that I was not keeping you informed. I Would like to think it is a case of no news is good news but knowing the chaotic state the DWP are in I think it's more likely they haven't got round to it yet. In the meantime we suffer the dreaded "Brown Envelope Syndrome" on a daily basis.

Comment

How about this one Elsa:

http://www.newstatesman.com/business...s-treated-atos

Comment

Working...
                                X