GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A little help with "how to" - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little help with "how to"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A little help with "how to"

Kuma,

You are far from alone, indeed there are many thousands going through this.

I can indeed liaise with you in whatever way you feel most comfortable with and do not have any issue with checking the forms for you either because what is important is that we get this right and just.

This is costing the Government a fortune in appeals which far outweighs the benefit being paid there must be a more humane way in doing this surely because I am hearing of so many tragic cases and citizens being left with zero income it makes me want to cry.

Yes we will keep this on the forum as much as possible because as you say it will help our fellow citizens, but anything that is uploaded must be edited and that includes medical info.

Regards

Comment

No probs. (I was being sarcastic with the alone thing...moulder springs to mind)
      I will also be copying the information over to some of the wegeners web sites out there. I believe more of them will be in the same position as my son.
      Most autoimmune attacks are not as severe as the first one he had but they could be.
      He was having regular blood tests to keep an eye on his count, I'll have to find out why these were no longer needed....more than likely him not being arsed...
      He now knows how I feel and I just called him, he sounded a thousand times better now he doesn't have to worry about them sanctioning him.
      Thanks again Pompyfaith. Also thanks to everyone for your support.

kuma
      Last edited by kuma; 21 May 2013, 18:31. Reason: not telling.....he he
      Do you think I look like Hitler?

Comment

Right.
        Pompeyfaith, the form (third party) for the SAR requires no ticks if everything is requested right?
        As for the box for "info" as UE pointed out, I was thinking of leaving this blank. I am not even sure what the benifit was called before they put him on JSA.
        I will try and find out tomorrow, I'll ask him to call down and see me.
        He will need to sign them anyway....

kuma

Comment

I hope all is going well with this, Kuma

"If you write to them they will only send the above form to you anyway so far better to just the forms off now fill in and attach to a covering letter the address to use is the one at the top of the ESA refusal letter they sent you."

I need to SAR DWP as well on behalf of my adult son. In view of PF's comment, as quoted above, should we wait to do this until after a refusal, or do it before. Forms go into Atos in about a week and we are sure they will refuse. What is so worrying are the changes since April, and we want to get off an appeal a.s.a.p. as he will be rendered homeless and worse more or less immediately.

I will start a thread after we have seen CAB again next week - and by the way, they are in agreement with SAR to DWP. It's the timing of sending the SAR not sure about.
          Thanks
          DT
          Last edited by DoubtingThomas; 24 June 2013, 15:44. Reason: spelling

Comment

I was waiting for PF to get back about filling in the SAR...
            He has been covered by a sick note for now, so no great rush......

kuma

Comment

I'll ask Pompey to pop in - bear with us
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Kuma
                Good to know you don't have to rush. How is your son now?

In our case, we need to know as much as possible, like yesterday. This goes back over many years with a very chequered history. I was thinking maybe SAR now, then request ATOS report etc after. Not sure.
                We are going for Social Services, medical, as well.
                DT

Comment

Thinking maybe I should ask GCHQ for their help in this...........

Comment

Had a mate who worked there years ago, so we new we were being tapped on phone so we had signals to ring from elsewhere, but once our aims were known = no problem but took a while.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Fill in and send the SAR now Kuma the DWP do not exactly work fast themselves and have learnt they love to drag their feet.

Was it Employment and Support Allowance?

You just put a tick in the boxes relating to the info you require so if it is just ESA tick both boxes for computer and clerical records.

If you son gets Disability Living Allowance tick those boxes too

In the Any Other Personal Information Box copy and paste what Elsa put above which is this:

Please also provide copies of all the evidence used to reach the decision regarding my application for employment and support allowance on (DATE).
                      Including but not confined to:

The ESA85 medical report form and any evidence as to whether the report was audited and whether any amendments were made as a result.

The ESA113 if one was acquired in my case

Any medical evidence from health professionals such as my GP or consultant.

Any queries, requests for clarification, correspondence, memos, emails or other
                      communications between Atos health professionals and the decision maker in relation to my claim or any notes or records of conversations between Atos and the DWP.

Any other evidence considered by the decision maker in reaching their decision.
                      In addition, I wish to be provided with a copy of any worksheet, score sheet or any similar
                      document which sets out which descriptors, exemptions or exceptional circumstances the decision maker considered applied and did not apply to me and any other documents which set out the justification for the decision reached in my case.

Location of records you put the addresses from any letters from DWP you have had.

Next box add the date periods of the info you require.

Then take or post to the DWP office dealing with the claim/appeal.

Comment

Remember if you wish to act on your son behave you need to fill in the second form from this link

DWP – request for personal information - Publications - Inside Government - GOV.UK

Comment

Excellent PF...
                          Am seeing him later today.
                          he is feeling loads better.
                          I'll see what comes back.

thanks for that.

kuma

Comment

Working...
                          X