GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I'm asking here as i am not sure where to post this - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm asking here as i am not sure where to post this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Make sure you have copies of any letter plus contents you send them AND Proof of postage!
    Don't pussyfoot any dilly dallying report them to regulator with a copy of what you have sent them!
    I've sent it via email and attachment , its all proof , also I sent them the letter I got for the surgery date , the discharge paper says the diagnosis on it , now if they don't write it off I am going to report them to the Ombudsman for harassment and added stress and anxiety by mentioning the second account they have which is eleven years statute barred this year . I don't know why I thought it was five years SB. But I joined here in 2012 so that means all the debts are SB by eleven years this year .
    Hoist Finance are disgusting the way they behave , both those debts they have earn them nothing , in fact paying a quid a month is costing them to process it .
    I so want them to suffer for their behaviour lol
    They sent a 'did you forget to pay' letter yesterday too . I wonder if this company know what they are doing most of the time lol .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post

I've sent it via email and attachment , its all proof , also I sent them the letter I got for the surgery date , the discharge paper says the diagnosis on it , now if they don't write it off I am going to report them to the Ombudsman for harassment and added stress and anxiety by mentioning the second account they have which is eleven years statute barred this year . I don't know why I thought it was five years SB. But I joined here in 2012 so that means all the debts are SB by eleven years this year .
      Hi

I think you may be slightly mixed up here. Your first thought that it has been SB for 5 years is probably the more correct. SB didn't start when you joined AAD, but six years after you stopped acknowledging or paying the debt. I assume you didn't stop until after you had joined AAD.

Comment

If there are charging orders I assume there are ccj in place. These technically are never statute barred. Having said that, if the ccj is many years old and no charging order in place, a judge might ask why no enforcement has been taken. Years ago I had two old ccj which I had been paying 10+years and stopped with no adverse effect. Mind you they were not for large amounts. I also had an arrangement with Barclays but when I asked for details they couldn’t even locate the accounts- so I stopped. All other debts are long SB and would have been longer if I hadn’t fallen into the trap of responding as per the AAD templates of the time such as missing PT

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Hi

I think you may be slightly mixed up here. Your first thought that it has been SB for 5 years is probably the more correct. SB didn't start when you joined AAD, but six years after you stopped acknowledging or paying the debt. I assume you didn't stop until after you had joined AAD.
          I stopped acknowledging the debts when the last payments were June 2012 .

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
            If there are charging orders I assume there are ccj in place. These technically are never statute barred. Having said that, if the ccj is many years old and no charging order in place, a judge might ask why no enforcement has been taken. Years ago I had two old ccj which I had been paying 10+years and stopped with no adverse effect. Mind you they were not for large amounts. I also had an arrangement with Barclays but when I asked for details they couldn’t even locate the accounts- so I stopped. All other debts are long SB and would have been longer if I hadn’t fallen into the trap of responding as per the AAD templates of the time such as missing PT
            The CCJ is for the £470 account that Hoist have , the second account they have is not a CCJ it is SB . The charge on the house is for over £5000 , it's my husband's account not mine ,but it's on the joint mortgage account , so technically only half of the debt is his not mine . I think lol .

Comment

Hoist finance have sent me two reminders since putting the account on hold for 30 days while I send them proof of my illness. This is just harassment .
              I've sent them proof of my illness via email and the surgery date and diagnosis on discharge, this stupid company are just really pathetic and desperate .

Comment

The CCJ is for the £470 account that Hoist have , the second account they have is not a CCJ it is SB . The charge on the house is for over £5000 , it's my husband's account not mine ,but it's on the joint mortgage account , so technically only half of the debt is his not mine . I think lol .
                Seems that Hoist game is to cover both debts! with that CCJ! Hence £5000 charge on the house!
                As you point out, and its not technical its a fact NOT YOUR DEBT

I would wait and see Hoist's response (if any) then come back here.
                Make clear in the Diary the CCJ and Charge is on a House in Joint names!
                If Hoist does the right thing and writes the debts off they should remove that CHARGE!

Comment

I stopped acknowledging the debts when the last payments were June 2012 .
                  So probably 4.5 years SB then.

July 2012, in my case.
                  Last edited by Still Waving; 28 January 2023, 14:26.

Comment

So probably 4.5 years SB then.

July 2012, in my case.
                    How is that 4.5 years SB when my last payments to all the debts were June 2012? I don't understand .

Comment

I received a reply from Hoist Finance .

We write in relation to your accounts .

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you are currently facing and we can confirm that upon further review of your circumstances, a decision has been made to suspend any future activity on your accounts.

There is no further action that you need to take at present.

Yours Sincerely

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Seems that Hoist game is to cover both debts! with that CCJ! Hence £5000 charge on the house!
                        As you point out, and its not technical its a fact NOT YOUR DEBT

I would wait and see Hoist's response (if any) then come back here.
                        Make clear in the Diary the CCJ and Charge is on a House in Joint names!
                        If Hoist does the right thing and writes the debts off they should remove that CHARGE!
                        We write in relation to your accounts xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx.

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you are currently facing and we can confirm that upon further review of your circumstances, a decision has been made to suspend any future activity on your accounts.

There is no further action that you need to take at present.

Yours Sincerely

Hoist Finance .

Comment

How is that 4.5 years SB when my last payments to all the debts were June 2012? I don't understand .
                          Good news about the letter from Hoist. That should take a lot of pressure off you.

Regarding your question - as I said SB doesn't come into effect until 6 years AFTER you cease all payments and acknowledgment of the account. So, in your case, in 2018.

Comment

Good news about the letter from Hoist. That should take a lot of pressure off you.

Regarding your question - as I said SB doesn't come into effect until 6 years AFTER you cease all payments and acknowledgment of the account. So, in your case, in 2018.
                            Yes it has taken a lot of pressure off me , I know its only £470 and £880 but its a good result .

So my debts are not statute barred until six years after the 2018 ?

Comment

Yes it has taken a lot of pressure off me , I know its only £470 and £880 but its a good result .

So my debts are not statute barred until six years after the 2018 ?
                              NO! 6 years after 2012, ie Statute Barred in 2018. After 2018 court action could not be taken, but prior to 2018, it could.

Comment

NO! 6 years after 2012, ie Statute Barred in 2018. After 2018 court action could not be taken, but prior to 2018, it could.
                                So mine are all SB as of 2018 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X