GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pra Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pra Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pra Group

Niddy did you get my e.mail with my latest correspondence from pra

Comment

Hi I just wondered if there was a problem on the site usually replies are very quick don't seem to have had any take up on this

Comment

Originally posted by creditcritter View Post
        Hi I just wondered if there was a problem on the site usually replies are very quick don't seem to have had any take up on this
        Maybe that's because you've made it clear on this thread that you wish to take advice from Niddy only so it would be impolite of me to interrupt. I'd happy to help otherwise

I can see that the advice you were given was to sit tight and do nothing. I can also see that after that advice you appear to have made a comprehensive complaint to PRA. You seem to be waiting for an opinion on how to react to their reply. Was there a deadline for a response on that letter?

Niddy has been advising me , I have done everything in the correct order . I have been informed that I should sit tight as what I have recieved is unenforceable on a few counts , I realise now the last letter I recieved is not the letter before action but as you said a letter threatening such I will explain fully the diary off events when this concludes to help others to n the same position.
        Di

Comment

planB work's with our solicitor - if you get a claim it'd end up on her desk anyway

I'm extremely busy & have been down with Pneumonia for the last month.

Trust others - they can guide you as well.

please resend me the letter and the reason / questions you have regards it and I'll look when I can - Or ask on here for a quicker response.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to here you have been unwell thanks for the reply

Comment

Hi I will take advice from all Plan B , the complaint was raised before whilst I was being called by a Pra operative who had no real knowledge of the case that got me quite annoyed , I would like advice on what they have sent me.

Comment

Don't let anyone from PRA wind you up and try not to answer any calls from them if you know their numbers.

Having had a claim from them a couple of years ago, I can assure you that Jo, PlanB and Niddy have a wealth of experience in knowing how to get PRA to back off.

If it were me, I'd not be sending any letters to them as all it does in my view, is keep your file at the top of their pile so just leave them to concentrate on someone else.

I understand how much you want to get rid of them but keep I'd leave well alone, until or if they do get Brodies on the case (although my claim was via Judge & Priestley)
                Last edited by marypoppins; 28 February 2017, 21:45.

Comment

Happy to take a look if you resend the email please.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Did you send the SAR as advised by PlanB in post 19?

Hope you're feeling better Niddy!

Comment

I did Mary they refer to it in there breakdown of my complaint , hope your well Niddy will re send tomorrow thanks take care of your health

Comment

Some good advice there - Dont let them wind you up etc

Plan B really does know her onions with these things so definately listen to anything she advises

Plan B/Jo were absolutely brilliant when PRA started claims with myself - They soon backed off once they were on their case so take some reassurance from their previous succeses
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi I will take advice from all Plan B
                          My first question is how much is the balance outstanding on this debt?

You live in Scotland.

PRA have threatened you with referral to Brodies solicitors. The implication being that they (Brodies) may be instructed to issue legal proceedings.

If that happens then a claim under £5k will follow "Simple Procedure" rules http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-a...rocedure-rules

If any claim has the potential to be over £5k then it my follow "Ordinary Cause" rules https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-...ry-cause-rules

As I have said I'm happy to help but you need to post the history of this debt including who said what to whom and when.

Your first post said it was an MBNA/Abbey credit card. Do you mean it was an Alliance and Leicester account which was taken over by MBNA?

requested a cca from Pra group long story , in January I recieved a small box application agreement standard Mbna Abbey card type pretty unreadable with some terms on the back , some application details attached pretty basic print out attached , they said in the letter I would here no more from them until they could complete my request , today I recieved the same again with a few pages of transactions on a print out demanding the balance thought I had heard the last from them what has changed the card was taken out in 2003.
                          And so on . . . .

Di

Comment

Plan B I will post what I can amount £6,363.07 Abbeycard / Mbna ( Abbey National )

1) Pra recieved my CCA request 16/12/2015;
                            2) 17/12/2015 recieve confirmation of request recieved returning my postal order for £1
                            3) 20/01/2016 recieved small signature box signature form enclosed terms dated 11/02 plus a printed date with details sub client Varde Experto
                            4) 24/010/2016 recieve a letter of assignment saying Pra Group have purchased the debt
                            5) 11/11/2016 I get sent an income & expenditure sheet which I have done nothing with as I am disputing the debt as they have not recieved a valid complete Cca , I again requested a valid Cca
                            6) 8/12/2016 recieved the same as a year earlier but with several sheets of transactions attached & the same signature form with the date on the terms hand altered to 11/03 they where now intimating it was time to make an arrangement to pay within ten days of the letter
                            7) 6/01/2017 recieved letter they had investigated my personal circumstances & where going to pursue the best action to get full payment naming the usual threats & saying if I did not contact them it would be passed to there solicitors Brodie's for litigation
                            8) approximately say 10/01/2017 I recieved a follow up call to the letter I recieved previously from an operative that was clueless to the paper trail her only mission was to threaten me with action & to be as intimidating as possible , I took out my folder & quoted times dates etc she was clueless , I gave her better than I got & asked to place a formal complaint about the unfair relationship with her company as the paperwork trail was all over the place in there file & they had not not addressed my request regarding a valid Cca & as such the account was in dispute I put it all in writing
                            9) recieved a reply to my letter of complaint 10/02/2017 answering & upholding most of my point except one they reckoned they had supplied a valid Cca they have apologised for poor handling of my case & have offered me £480 compensation for upheld point if I sign the acceptance form that my complaints have been resolved sounds like a trap to me , they say they will resume collections when they have sent me a statement of account , I have sent Niddy the latest letter he has advised me that what they have sent me is not valid.

Comment

That's helpful.

No 3 on your list has caught my eye since it suggests the account was assigned to Varde (managed by Experto Credite) before it was probably assigned by them (Varde) to MKDP. If PRA do issue proceedings they will need to prove the assignment trail.

Was there PPI on the account and if so when they sent a response to your CCA Request did it include the PPI's Ts & Cs? They would have to do that in order to comply with your request. PPI wasn't always obvious to the account holder who may not have realised it had been added. Is there a PPI tick box on that "CCA" you've been sent?

You've posted on your thread that this debt is your wife's. She needs to send a Subject Access Request to MBNA right away so you've got the full history of her account. The Transaction Log may prove to be illuminating. MBNA can be slow to respond to SAR requests so it makes sense to do that now so that you're one step ahead of them (PRA) if they decide to issue proceedings,

I don't understand point No 9. Do you mean PRA's complaint response letter is not valid for some reason? Or do you mean they also sent you the same credit agreement again with their response letter and it's the credit agreement which is not valid?

Finally you say that they said they would resume collections once they had sent you a statement, so presumably the debt will not be passed to Brodie's until then (at the earliest). Post up when the statement arrives.

Di

Comment

Item No 4 - who does PRA say they've purchased the debt from in the NOA? Does it say MBNA?

Does your wife recall getting any letters from or paying Experto Credite at any point in the debt's lifecycle? If so has she ever received a letter from Experto saying that Varde had been assigned the account by MBNA? I would normally suggest a SAR to Experto Credite but 'for one reason or another' they went into liquidation last November.

When was anything last paid towards the account and who was it paid to?

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X