GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sudden lpa receiver threat after 5 years of regular monthly payments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sudden lpa receiver threat after 5 years of regular monthly payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sudden lpa receiver threat after 5 years of regular monthly payments

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    must of been a sleep in all the years of knowing her !
    You're always asleep mate - don't change though, it's how we like you best
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      You're always asleep mate - don't change though, it's how we like you best
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Disastra View Post
        now working on a further complaint to Barclays in the hopes of, at the very least, getting the brokers fee paid.

I think the Barclays complaint should be made when you get all the closing financial details.

Nearer the time you'll get sent a Redemption Statement which will show how much you have to pay Barclays/LPA Receiver to redeem the mortgage.

It'll probably have loads of extra charges for the LPA Receiver's fees and disbursements (his visit to your house for a cuppa etc) so when you get it update your thread.

Once we know the full damage caused by Barclays not treating you fairly the complaint can be submitted.

With any luck Ms *H* will be looking for a new job after that

Plan B x

Comment

Will do.

The broker has sent the AIP to the receiver so we'll see what comes back next.

x

Comment

Hi, Thought I'd share this for everyone's amusement. Had to call the bank today to request a statement of the payments made to them which has been requested by the re-mortgage company. (I'd normally do it all in writing but really want to get this moving).
            Explained that I needed a statement covering the last 24 months payments and she asked me, in all seriousness; "Is that the last 2 years?"

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry given that this is the person dealing with my account!

Comment

Oh dear!!

Comment

There are some numpties around.

Comment

I once phoned an Irish ferry company to book a day return, I should of known I was on a looser when she asked me if I wanted to return the same day, but to top it off she wanted to book me on a ferry leaving at 7pm and coming back at 10.30pm, ok it was the same day!!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hmm statement received. Funnily enough only to Oct 15, the month before we began paying extra.

The original payment request in August was for £44,405.12 saying interest will still accrue and after that date they've added interest from June to Sept.

The receiver says it's now £45,267.94 without the further interest that will accrue and their charges.

Bah. Waiting to hear from broker whether I have to go back to them for up to date statement.

Comment

Update. Have now been refused a re-mortgage with 3 companies and back to square 1 except the receivers have added almost £10,000 charges to the debt.
                      Have uncovered a CCJ I have no paperwork for so was surprised to find on my file. I now know what it is for and it is legitimate. This drops off 22 June 2017.
                      Have 1 account reported twice on my credit file by Hoist Portfolio 2. One is closed and one is open. I believe it is Barclaycard but one shows as credit card (No account number given) and the other as Bank. Will drop off 28 Feb 2017.
                      There is a charge against my house by Link Financial. There is nothing reported by Link Financial to my credit check. I have found out this is for an old home improvement loan (Double glazing) to a company that no longer exists. As there's a charge on the house and I had no idea about things dropping off etc. I am paying them £20 monthly. The balance currently is £1,450.52 so I am considering offering £450 (30%) to close it. Should I do this over the 'phone so it is quick or in writing?
                      Am working with Plan B on next steps.
                      Last edited by Disastra; 28 June 2016, 13:47.

Comment

Am working with Plan B on next steps.

Comment

A new development today. Letter from a Maxine Harris (Managing Director) Barclays. They've 'identified' that my current facility (Flexible Commercial Mortgage) is treated as a non-regulated agreement but because of the type of security they hold for the agreement (I'm guessing the charge over the property) it should have been classified as a regulated mortgage contract.
                          They are immediately updating their records to reclassify the facility as a regulated mortgage contract.

I have no idea what this means in respect of everything that's been going on with them. Jargontastic!

Scanned and sent to Plan B and Jo.

Comment

Still here. Receivers have emailed asking for the keys voluntarily (not happening) as the broker told them we couldn't re-finance. Yeah, thanks Mr Broker!

About to send a letter telling them they didn't send me everything in the SAR reply and asking for the rest. Working with Jo and Plan B on forward plan.

Comment

Good to hear that you are still fighting and with such excellent knowledge and support.

Comment

Still here. Receivers have emailed asking for the keys voluntarily (not happening) as the broker told them we couldn't re-finance. Yeah, thanks Mr Broker!

About to send a letter telling them they didn't send me everything in the SAR reply and asking for the rest. Working with Jo and Plan B on forward plan.
                                Awesome - you're in very safe hands
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X