GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sudden lpa receiver threat after 5 years of regular monthly payments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sudden lpa receiver threat after 5 years of regular monthly payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sudden lpa receiver threat after 5 years of regular monthly payments

Just do not worry just inform us as best as possible - been there myself, had a 17/18 year old daughter in coma from Brain haemorrhage after having tonsils out, and I visited hospital 2 - 3 times a day for over a year, she died in the end, so everything went to the wall as you are experiencing, keep your chin up!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Disastra View Post
      Should I tell them I'm getting estate agents valuations etc?
      I wouldn't tell them that. It might plant the thought in their head that you're happy to sell up and bugger off.

You want them to think that they haven't got a hope in hell of getting you out so they might as well not bother even trying.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a terrible few years. You've had so much to cope with that it's surprising you're still standing.

We'll do our best to help you keep things on an even keel from now on

Plan B x

Comment

Sorry to hear that you have such a bad few years. I hope that with AAD's support that you can gave some success against Barclays
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am also sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough time.

Just hope things get better for you - and remember that you have a lot of friends and support on this forum, so you never have to face things on your own.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I was having a low moment. It really does help to know the support is here.

Comment

Hope I'm not too late with a mahoooosive hug xxxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I think a hug is never too late xxx

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Any update?

If you've got another payment due soon you need to establish contact with the LPA Receiver to get their bank details.

Don't let this situation drift in case they do something sneaky behind your back. You must take the initiative even if they are ignoring you. Write to them every week if necessary, but most of all you must pay them not Barclays unless they tell you anything different.

I've looked at your correspondence with Barclays and their concern was the payments you were making weren't enough to cover the interest on the capital borrowed. That would mean the debt was increasing which is why they appointed the LPA Receiver.

If that is still the case (payments don't cover the interest) then the Receiver may take a hard line.

Communication is key with Receivers.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi, No correspondence from either the receivers or the bank. I'll get another letter off tomorrow. Given that their concern was the payments weren't enough it's surprising they wouldn't accept the £450 offer instead of the £230 and still set the receivers on us.
                      Thank you for keeping an eye out.

x

Comment

Hi, Letter from Land Registry today. The receivers have added their name and address to the title for service. Should I worry about this? (Barclays are still on the document as the lenders).

Comment

Finally a letter from the receivers. They acknowledge my letters thank me for the information. (house insurance etc. I guess) and apologise for the delay in responding. They then say that they are currently awaiting legal advice on one or two issues and will be in further contact as soon as they are able.

No mention of whom to pay. No bank details.

The payments are currently still going to Barclays.

Comment

Finally a letter from the receivers. . .

. . . No mention of whom to pay. No bank details.

The payments are currently still going to Barclays.
                            Are you still paying the original amount or did you increase those payments?

Even though the LPA Receiver isn't exactly forthcoming that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep them in the loop. Continue to tell them each time you pay Barclays including the date and the amount.

If they (LPA Receiver) haven't asked you to pay them or told you how you can pay them, then you can be forgiven for not paying them. As long as you are paying someone

I wonder whether it may be an idea to write to Barclays saying you were both surprised and disappointed to learn they had appointed receivers when they knew that you were in hospital following a serious car accident at the time so unable to deal with your affairs. Head the letter 'Formal Complaint' in case it's necessary to progress it to the FOS.

If you have increased your payments then maybe tell them that too. It's always good to keep a line of communication open even if they ignore you. That way you'll have a solid paper trail if legal proceedings are issued.

Have a good weekend

Plan B x

Comment

Hi, internet back after the storms.

We hadn't increased the payments as we were waiting to hear from the receivers. I have now set it to the higher £450 from January. Came home from doing that to a letter from the receivers asking me to call them to arrange an appointment to inspect the property, and saying they are unable to accept any monthly payments and suggesting that we continue to liaise directly with the bank on that issue.

Not looking forward to them coming here as the place is a total mess. I can't lift anything heavier than a bag of sugar because of this frozen shoulder, and haven't been able to for nearly 3 years now. Everything from my parents house is piled throughout the house waiting for me to be strong enough to sort it out.

Since the storms a couple of cracks have appeared in the walls, should I ask them if I can contact the house insurance?

I have read quite a few posts where people are advised never to telephone these companies so I'm wondering whether to call and make the appointment or write to them offering a range of dates & times when I am available?

Oh, and i've heard from the solicitors about the accident claim, they won't really commit to an amount. They've said it is currently assessed as approx £7450 but does not take into consideration financial losses and expenses or future prognosis given by the medical experts.
                              Last edited by Disastra; 9 December 2015, 22:24.

Comment

We hadn't increased the payments as we were waiting to hear from the receivers. I have now set it to the higher £450 from January. Came home from doing that to a letter from the receivers asking me to call them to arrange an appointment to inspect the property, and saying they are unable to accept any monthly payments and suggesting that we continue to liaise directly with the bank on that issue.

Not looking forward to them coming here as the place is a total mess. . .
                                That's interesting. I would have thought you should be paying the Receiver but if they tell you to liaise with the bank then pay them. Did you ever write a Formal Complaint letter to Barclays about the way they treated you when you'd had your accident and so fell behind with payments?

Unless there was a deadline for arranging the Receiver's visit I wouldn't diary date it until after Christmas. Keep everything in writing so send them a letter with three date available options towards the end of January (send the letter before Christmas).

No need to feel houseproud about a forthcoming visit. Maybe they simply want to establish that you actually live in the property so need to see it with their own eyes.

May I see the Receiver's letter by email? I'll ask 'back office' to take a peek at it for you

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                                X