GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage provider phones every month - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage provider phones every month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £525 in RDD and arrears fees from my mortgage provider

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    I wonder if i can claim these back i received a statement of the entire mortgage account yesterday and from 01/05/2007 through 2008/2009/2010-30/06/2012 the charges for arrears and returned direct debits = £525
    The short answer is probably not if they were applied according to the Ts & Cs of your mortgage agreement.

The long answer (which won't come for a few days because I'm swamped with work at the moment ) is that you may be able to recover some charges which they'll do as a "Goodwill Gesture" if you make enough noise with a complaint about not being treated fairly when in financial difficulties which were exacerbated by these charges.

What news on the mystery £1.59p per month extra payments?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      The short answer is probably not if they were applied according to the Ts & Cs of your mortgage agreement.

The long answer (which won't come for a few days because I'm swamped with work at the moment ) is that you may be able to recover some charges which they'll do as a "Goodwill Gesture" if you make enough noise with a complaint about not being treated fairly when in financial difficulties which were exacerbated by these charges.

What news on the mystery £1.59p per month extra payments?

Plan B x

no explanation at all about the extra charge but it is all there separate on the statements

Comment

Re: Mortgage provider phones every month

Just paid the mortgage online it went through instantly, i noticed that the £1.88 has been taken off now , but what i want to know and the mortgage provider won't tell us is where that extra £1.88 has been going for the past 7 months ?

Comment

i noticed that the £1.88 has been taken off now , but what i want to know and the mortgage provider won't tell us is where that extra £1.88 has been going for the past 7 months ?
          I'm happy to see that the monthly £1.88 is no longer being charged to your mortgage account. I'm as curious as you to see why it was being charged in the first place.

You've complained. They've not given you an answer.

It'll cost them £500 for the FOS to investigate the complaint which is about a possible overcharge of £13.16.

They owed you an explanation and you didn't get it.

Go for it.

Plan B x

Comment

I wonder if i can claim these back i received a statement of the entire mortgage account yesterday and from 01/05/2007 through 2008/2009/2010-30/06/2012 the charges for arrears and returned direct debits = £525

The long answer is that you may be able to recover some charges which they'll do as a "Goodwill Gesture" if you make enough noise with a complaint about not being treated fairly when in financial difficulties which were exacerbated by these charges.

^^^^ You could make a complaint about these charges at the same time. If any of them were "account management" fees applied while you were making agreed repayments that would be unfair. Our members Exclus got all his refunded and a bit of compensation on top once he took it to the FOS.

Plan B x

Comment

^^^^ You could make a complaint about these charges at the same time. If any of them were "account management" fees applied while you were making agreed repayments that would be unfair. Our members Exclus got all his refunded and a bit of compensation on top once he took it to the FOS.

Plan B x
              thank you Plan B my husband will write them a letter , we can't find our mortgage agreement with the terms and conditions anywhere in the house we have searched high and low . I used to keep them all in one place in a folder with birth certificates and my eldest son needed his birth certificate last year and now i can't find the darn folder anywhere its very annoying We could do with that money right now .

The money my dad gave us for a holiday remember the £2000 ? well its gone on car repairs , welding was over £300 quid and other things needed doing on the car and the bay window glass is on order which our wonderful brother in law put through in March in his anger over a disagreement . And the bath has come away from the wall so that is being fixed. I know Florida would have been wonderful but we can't have the house falling to bits .

We were going to Italy for our 25th Wedding anniversary 18th August , but we can't afford that so we are going in a caravan near the Yorkshire Dales instead, our friend is letting us have theirs for 8 days for £60 which is good , I'm really looking forward to it actually i just hope it doesn't pour down with rain

Comment

We were going to Italy for our 25th Wedding anniversary 18th August , but we can't afford that so we are going in a caravan near the Yorkshire Dales instead, our friend is letting us have theirs for 8 days for £60 which is good , I'm really looking forward to it actually i just hope it doesn't pour down with rain
                Congratulations on your Silver Wedding

You're hoping for a lot in the Yorkshire Dales! Even if it rains, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. Whereabouts is the caravan?
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

we can't find our mortgage agreement with the terms and conditions anywhere
                  Ask them to send you a copy, but check there's no charge for it first. Let them know you need to see them in order to prepare a formal complaint.

And congratulations on you silver wedding anniversary.

Plan B x

Comment

They don't have proper fish, chips and mushy peas with salt and vinegar in Italy. So you have come up trumps.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                      They don't have proper fish, chips and mushy peas with salt and vinegar in Italy. So you have come up trumps.

I'm glad then because we love fish and chips yummy .

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Congratulations on your Silver Wedding

You're hoping for a lot in the Yorkshire Dales! Even if it rains, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. Whereabouts is the caravan?

Actually we are about 40 minutes from the Dales and the caravan is in Northallerton so there is plenty to do , we are joining the National Trust so we can visit castles and stuff we love doing that

Thank you for the good wishes on our 25th anniversary x

Comment

Ask them to send you a copy, but check there's no charge for it first. Let them know you need to see them in order to prepare a formal complaint.

And congratulations on you silver wedding anniversary.

Plan B x

I will tell hubby to that then thank you planB, and thank you for the beautiful wedding anniversary picture i love it xxx

Comment

BEEN thinking about our current situation , now if we were to downsize our mortgage by selling our house we would clear 20000 with no problem , there are some small properties around for 40000 and if we put 20000 down as a deposit i was wondering if we would get another mortgage with our mortgage provider , we have had 14 months clear of paying on time and not in arrears , if we could do this we could have the mortgage on repayment at the current interest rate we are on now and the monthly repayment would only be £126 which would solve our problems if we lose wtc

I wonder if this is a possibility , with our debts being unpaid for nearly four years ?

Comment

I've got your PM.

From what you say your mortgage company's phone lines were down with technical difficulties and the online payment system locked you out so you couldn't make your monthly payment on time. However you did successfully make it a couple of days later.

You've now received a letter from Kensington Mortgages to say the account is in arrears and they've added a £40 Late Payment Fee. That letter would have been autogenerated as was the £40 late payment fee.

Since you don't want the account to show in arrears you should write to them and explain the situation asking for the £40 to be refunded which will take your account out of arrears. If they refuse then write again heading the letter "Complaint".

Kensington mortgages outsource the management of their accounts which are either in arrears or have been in arrears recently. The company is based in Northern Ireland (you raised that issue in your PM). Once you make a complaint it will be handled in-house by Kensington Mortgages who I find more sensible.

I would write in an apologetic tone not a threatening tone since they were technically in the right to add that charge. They will also say that under the terms of your mortgage you should pay by direct debit each time not on a card or online.

Plan B x

Comment

I've got your PM.

From what you say your mortgage company's phone lines were down with technical difficulties and the online payment system locked you out so you couldn't make your monthly payment on time. However you did successfully make it a couple of days later.

You've now received a letter from Kensington Mortgages to say the account is in arrears and they've added a £40 Late Payment Fee. That letter would have been autogenerated as was the £40 late payment fee.

Since you don't want the account to show in arrears you should write to them and explain the situation asking for the £40 to be refunded which will take your account out of arrears. If they refuse then write again heading the letter "Complaint".

Kensington mortgages outsource the management of their accounts which are either in arrears or have been in arrears recently. The company is based in Northern Ireland (you raised that issue in your PM). Once you make a complaint it will be handled in-house by Kensington Mortgages who I find more sensible.

I would write in an apologetic tone not a threatening tone since they were technically in the right to add that charge. They will also say that under the terms of your mortgage you should pay by direct debit each time not on a card or online.

Plan B x
                                thank you , they have the facility to pay by card and online so many must pay this way x

Comment

Working...
                                X