GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage provider phones every month - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage provider phones every month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortgage provider phones every month

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Looking at that statement it seems I was right. It's because you're paying almost a month late so your account will show in arrears between the payment due date and the payment received date.

I see you're paying by card and not DD as per your Ts & Cs. Some lenders charge a card processing payment too.

I see the payment amount went up in March. Your mortgage is a Libor tracker (isn't it?). This means that the lender will adjust the interest rate on your mortgage quarterly. Last March 1st Libor went up. As it did again on June 1st.

Why not ring them and ask them straight up what the £1.59p is for?

They told us to pay on the last day of the month not because we requested , when we signed the mortgage contract it was for payment at the end of each month , it has never been any different .

My husband will phone them Monday and ask them what the £1.59 is for.
    We can't afford an extra months payment , but they did want us to carry on paying £30 extra for another 14.5 months to make us a month ahead , but again when we agreed to a repayment plan of £30 a month they said once we have paid back the arrears that was it , but they seem to have changed their tune .
    And they seem more concerned now we have paid back the arrears than when we were in arrears .

Comment

JUst had this pm from my husband after another call to his mobile while he is at work .

just had the mortgage ring me again, i've told them we are not a month behind and we paid all the arears up, stop ringing us and why have you put 1.80 on our bill, he said we stopped the extra arrangement before it should have stopped i said no it stopped exactly when we were told to stop and i want by letter a statement with every single payment we made while on the arrangement and since.. he waffled on about not knowing if they can do it and I said it's not my problem you can and will send me the details

Comment

It beggars belief S2M. Good for your husband on sticking up to them
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          told them we are not a month behind and we paid all the arears up, stop ringing us and why have you put 1.80 on our bill, he said we stopped the extra arrangement before it should have stopped i said no it stopped exactly when we were told to stop
          Do you have that in writing?

You should be getting an Annual Statement of Account every 12 months from the date the mortgage started. That will show all charges added by the lender and all payments made by you in the previous year.

When did you get your last one and when are you due your next one?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            Do you have that in writing?

You should be getting an Annual Statement of Account every 12 months from the date the mortgage started. That will show all charges added by the lender and all payments made by you in the previous year.

When did you get your last one and when are you due your next one?

Plan B x

I'm not sure when we got our last annual statement i will check but we did sign an agreement to pay back the arrears and it said we finished on 30th November 2014

thanks planB x

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
              we did sign an agreement to pay back the arrears and it said we finished on 30th November 2014
              . . . which was a Sunday so maybe that made a difference to the outstanding balance and interest if the payment didn't clear until a few days later?

I'm going to give up guessing and wait for them to give you a credible answer.

However I do feel a complaint coming on about these phone calls to your husband at work. Which part of "in writing only" do they not understand!

Plan B x

Comment

It can't be that PlanB because their website updates straight away when a payment is made with a debit card . I will have to see when the statement comes

xx

I just went online signed in and this is what last months statement is saying .

i paid the mortgage on Saturday 30th May

£431.55
                £431.55
                30/05/2015
                £431.55
                Last edited by Spent2much; 28 June 2015, 16:35.

Comment

I think they want us a month in front they don't trust i reckon x

Comment

It's the payment date. I know they agreed it etc but it's triggering late payment for a few days. Honestly think it's that.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      It's the payment date. I know they agreed it etc but it's triggering late payment for a few days. Honestly think it's that.
                      I also think they are sending out letters automatically with an I&E for arrears , but they don't seem to be forcing it .

Comment

My husband said he was trying to end the conversation and the guy kept waffling on and on , in the end my husband i have to end this call because i have a customer i am at my shop and he still kept waffling on so hubby put the phone down .

Comment

Received a statement from the start of our mortgage to the present , from 01/05/2007 right through to 30.06.2012 there are returned d/debit fees and monthly arrears fees which add up to £ 525
                          Last edited by Spent2much; 6 July 2015, 16:24.

Comment

£525 in RDD and arrears fees from my mortgage provider

I wonder if i can claim these back i received a statement of the entire mortgage account yesterday and from 01/05/2007 through 2008/2009/2010-30/06/2012 the charges for arrears and returned direct debits = £525

Comment

Re: £525 in RDD and arrears fees from my mortgage provider

I'm not sure about this S2M but I'll flag it up for you to see if anyone else knows.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I've moved your post from the Regulatory and Consumer Complaint section to your ongoing thread here.

Best wishes
                                IF
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X