GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage question - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortgage question

I've just got another PM from you which I can respond to on here.

If you think you have a good relationship with your lender and you don't want to rock the boat with a complaint then send the letter without that heading and drop the bit about seriousness.

It's your call

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
      Understood and I'll do exactly as you've said
      Do what feels right for you. Don't do as I say. I'm throwing out ideas that's all. See my last post where I have back-tracked after your PM. I do listen to what posters say.

There's no harm in bowling underarm at this stage if you feel it's safe to do so. You can always bowl overarm if they reject your reasonable offer.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        I've just got another PM from you which I can respond to on here.

If you think you have a good relationship with your lender and you don't want to rock the boat with a complaint then send the letter without that heading and drop the bit about seriousness.

It's you call
        Haha yes I'd replied to your PM before you posted on here confusing

I'll leave the word complaint because we are complaining about the SPO being raised and it needs to given attention. The rest of the wording in the letter will be the same as you've seen as you were happy with it, and thx for checking it over. As for the conversation she'll probably say something along the lines of "I will only communicate in writing for the reasons I've outlined in my letter "

Thx again, appreciated

Comment

I'll leave the word complaint because we are complaining about the SPO being raised and it needs to given attention.
          It's also a *Complaint* because they've been charging you £54 a month to simply monitor the account when you are in arrears without an ATP in place which is outrageous. It probably says they can charge that buried somewhere in the Ts & Cs but that's not the point

Comment

It's also a *Complaint* because they've been charging you £54 a month to simply monitor the account when you are in arrears without an ATP in place which is outrageous. It probably says they can charge that buried somewhere in the Ts & Cs but that's not the point
            Agreed, Dick Turpin eat your heart out

Comment

Letter sent 1st class signed for today and nice polite phone call made to advise them of the fact and to ask them to record the fact she rang and why to be recorded on file with name of person taken.

Comment

nice polite phone call made to advise them of the fact and to ask them to record the fact she rang and why to be recorded on file with name of person taken.

I bet that shut them up

Comment

I bet that shut them up
                  They actually said "there's not a lot we can say"

Comment

Letter received today dtd 23.4.14 ack our letter and stating they are investigating the complaint and anticipate it will take 20 working days after which they will write again. Also copy of complaints procedure enclosed.

Comment

letter and stating they are investigating the complaint and anticipate it will take 20 working days after which they will write again.
                      That's all good

It may be wise to make that £26 extra payment towards the arrears when you pay the next contractual payment regardless of whether it has been accepted as formal ATP or not. Just plough on so you've got evidence of regular payments which would clear the arrears by the end of the mortgage term. Then as I've said before after six months of 'good behaviour' you can ask to have those arrears capitalized.

If you don't like what they say in their Final Response to your complaint you can refer it to the FOS which will take another year to investigate. While all this is going on you can feel relatively safe that they won't apply to the court for an Eviction Warrant using that old SPO.

Comment

That's all good

It may be wise to make that £26 extra payment towards the arrears when you pay the next contractual payment regardless of whether it has been accepted as formal ATP or not. Just plough on so you've got evidence of regular payments which would clear the arrears by the end of the mortgage term. Then as I've said before after six months of 'good behaviour' you can ask to have those arrears capitalized.

If you don't like what they say in their Final Response to your complaint you can refer it to the FOS which will take another year to investigate. While all this is going on you can feel relatively safe that they won't apply to the court for an Eviction Warrant using that old SPO.
                        Thanks.

Yes we were always going to pay the extra on top just to be safe. Just a thought, does the fact that it's interest only at the moment make any difference to the situation ?

Comment

I don't see why the mortgage being interest-only should make any difference. They have loaned you money until a particular date. When that date arrives they have every right to ask you for the money back which you can do by selling the property. A court would be happy with that.

Was the loan interest-only from the start or a repayment mortgage which they changed into an interest-only one as a short term concession when you got into arrears?

Comment

I don't see why the mortgage being interest-only should make any difference. They have loaned you money until a particular date. When that date arrives they have every right to ask you for the money back which you can do by selling the property. A court would be happy with that.

Was the loan interest-only from the start or a repayment mortgage which they changed into an interest-only one as a short term concession when you got into arrears?
                            Thanks

It was changed to interest only when we got into difficulties

Comment

It was changed to interest only when we got into difficulties
                              Did the lender put a time limit on this concession such as 6 months or 12 months? Or was it a permanent change of the mortgage conditions from repayment to interest only

Comment

Did the lender put a time limit on this concession such as 6 months or 12 months? Or was it a permanent change of the mortgage conditions from repayment to interest only
                                Just found the letter from 2008 and there is no time limit on it as I thought but wanted to find the evidence

Comment

Working...
                                X