GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt arrangement and attachment (scotland) act 2002,intimation of proposed attachment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt arrangement and attachment (scotland) act 2002,intimation of proposed attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt arrangement and attachment (scotland) act 2002,intimation of proposed attachment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    I've sent a PM to a clever person

You have until next Wednesday to sort this. Stay calm in the meantime.
    Lol lol thanks again

Comment

Re: Debt arrangement and attachment (scotland) act 2002,intimation of proposed attachment

Originally posted by M4D YN View Post
      have a car at the property
      Is your car worth more than £500? In which case you may want to park it a bit further away on Tuesday night

You say the debt is £500 which I assume is the total claimed/owed or are there any 'collection' fees added to that?

Comment

5x that and will do

thats all it says on the letter 503.91 i could email the letter??

Comment

5x that and will do

thats all it says on the letter 503.91 i could email the letter??
          Don't email the letter yet until you hear from our expert. They may well want to see it.

May I ask you one more impertinent question? Do you have the funds to pay this amount even though you dispute it? At this stage I have no idea whether you can pay the amount claimed in order to prevent these thugs taking your car or flat-screen TV away without you surrendering the opportunity to argue whether you actually owed the money later. That's why I'm asking the question.
          Last edited by PlanB; 22 March 2014, 20:20. Reason: lots of typos :(

Comment

Don't email the letter yet until you hear from our expert. They may well want to see it.

May I ask you one more impertinent question? Do you have the funds to pay this amount even though you dispute it? At this stage I have no idea whether you can pay the amount claimed in order to prevent these thugs taking your car or flat-screen TV way, and still have the opportunity to argue whether you owed the money later. That's why I'm asking the question.
            Yeah i could manage to pay it

Comment

Yeah i could manage to pay it
              Well at least that means you have a Plan B if we can't prevent this daylight robbery before next Wednesday

Comment

Yeah stay alone and have a car at the property
                Move it, preferably to a securely locked, commercial garage - the garage where you get it serviced would be ideal.

Comment

At this stage I have no idea whether you can pay the amount claimed in order to prevent these thugs taking your car or flat-screen TV away
                  It would be a truly remarkable flat screen TV if it were kept outwith the OP's dwelling house.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    It would be a truly remarkable flat screen TV if it were kept outwith the OP's dwelling house.
                    Well I did think the "outwith" word might be an issue. The OP wants to email you the letter in question so you can look at the exact wording

Comment

I read you said they are claiming non domestic rates, from what I remember, theres two types, one where you are actually in the commercial property, and one where you are not. It sounds to me like the landlord is claiming that you were still on the lease at the time, regardless of whether you were actually at the premises or not.

This is how I was stung many years ago. Until your name is removed from a lease, the council can charge you unoccupied non domestic rates.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        they are claiming non domestic rates, from what I remember, theres two types, one where you are actually in the commercial property, and one where you are not. It sounds to me like the landlord is claiming that you were still on the lease at the time, regardless of whether you were actually at the premises or not.

This is how I was stung many years ago. Until your name is removed from a lease, the council can charge you unoccupied non domestic rates.
                        I fear you're right SXGuy (from similar experience). The OP is probably looking at a damage limitation exercise now.
                        Last edited by PlanB; 22 March 2014, 21:52. Reason: typo

Comment

Yep, but don't leave it up to the council to know the difference, it may be wise to ask which they are claiming, and make sure what they are actually claiming, if its damage limitation, the unoccupied non domestic rates, will be slightly cheaper, and will reduce the debt.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah this is exactly what the fly swine has done,its so hard to get a hold of him for any law suits/investigations ect,as he is resident in Canada 90% of the time

Comment

This is for NON domestic rates,but the period they want the rates for is the bad part,as i was not a tenant in the commercial premises at the time,it now has gone past what is above and they have sent me a letter saying (( debt arrangement and attachment ( scotland) act 2002,intimation of proposed attachment of articles kept outwith dwellinghouses ))officers will be attending your dwellinghouse to execute an attachment of your non essential assets kept outwith your dwellinghouse on a certain day
                              1. I note that you have cast some doubt on the efficiency of the council, but have you made a formal complaint?
                              2. If you have made a complaint, what was the result and how high up the council's paid staff did it go?
                              3. Have you complained to the CEO of West Dunbartonshire Council, Ms Joyce White? (email - joyce.white@west-dunbarton.gov.uk)
                              4. If you exhausted all the possible means to complain, did you then take the matter to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsperson? (link)
                              5. Have you moaned about this to your elected councillors, MP and/or MSP? Find the snollygosters at http://www.writetothem.com

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                1. I note that you have cast some doubt on the efficiency of the council, but have you made a formal complaint?
                                2. If you have made a complaint, what was the result and how high up the council's paid staff did it go?
                                3. Have you complained to the CEO of West Dunbartonshire Council, Ms Joyce White? (email - joyce.white@west-dunbarton.gov.uk)
                                4. If you exhausted all the possible means to complain, did you then take the matter to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsperson? (link)
                                5. Have you moaned about this to your elected councillors, MP and/or MSP? Find the snollygosters at http://www.writetothem.com
                                I have done none of the above,this is my first problem like this and ain't no good at letters/emails ect,i am a go up to the counter or phone and shout and ball at them type character,which will cause more hassle than its worth mostly

Comment

Working...
                                X