GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Letter from landlord - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter from landlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from landlord

Originally posted by jj19 View Post
    Plan B can I borrow your Butler. My silver needs polishing
    I hope that's not a euphemism for something rude jj19

Comment

Plan B can I borrow your Butler. My silver needs polishing
      Originally posted by planB View Post
      I hope that's not a euphemism for something rude jj19
      Perhaps he'd like someone to rub the tip of his staff?

Comment

Plan B you have a disgusting mind. I was referring to my collection of Hester Bateman .

Cleverclogs , no i also have a silver tipped bargepole for touching people

Comment

SnV I think ou will find I said I was angry because the note through my door was the first comment in many years about smoking in my flat.
          The other issue is that I do not take kindly to blanket communications. If you have something to say to me say it .
          But why 'be angry'? Don't you think its quite an insignificant thing to be getting angry about? Try to look at things from the eyes of a complete stranger looking to offer you advice on a forum. The tone of your original post, and subsequent comments, has been anything but looking to be conciliatory.......

As far as the 'blanket letters' are concerned consider this........ if you are living in a block of flats (or house share, house split into flats whatever), if you are smoking in your apartment and, especially on the ground floor, then the smell eventually permeates to the other flats in the building. Its inevitable. Therefore, if the landlord had received a complaint regards the smell of smoke in the building, but the person complaining didn't know where it was coming from (or perhaps afraid of the person doing the smoking through fear of retribution), then a blanket letter is a suitable and appropriate method for the landlord to start.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I think you'll find he did.....
          Indeed
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            As far as the 'blanket letters' are concerned consider this........ if you are living in a block of flats (or house share, house split into flats whatever), if you are smoking in your apartment and, especially on the ground floor, then the smell eventually permeates to the other flats in the building. Its inevitable. Therefore, if the landlord had received a complaint regards the smell of smoke in the building, but the person complaining didn't know where it was coming from (or perhaps afraid of the person doing the smoking through fear of retribution), then a blanket letter is a suitable and appropriate method for the landlord to start.
            jj should be grateful that the landlord had not got a complaint about the smell of the drains, in response to which he asked his tenants not to fart in the flats.

Comment

Plan B you have a disgusting mind
              This is true.

But I have a fabulous body

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                I have a fabulous body
                Whose?

Comment