GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Felt flat roof needs replacing. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Felt flat roof needs replacing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Felt flat roof needs replacing.

http://rubber4roofs-px.rtrk.co.uk/?u...nal%2BCampaign

Comment

My buildings insurance excludes any flat roof
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the link ...I have looked at that site....

Where talking 3 floors up....... so don't fancy DIY

Road licence for scaffolding is required so this all adds to the price.
        Last edited by Deepie; 2 March 2014, 18:10.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          Thanks for the link ...I have looked at that site....

Where talking 3 floors up....... so don't fancy DIY

Road licence for scaffolding is required so this all adds to the price.

http://rubber4roofs-px.rtrk.co.uk/Rubber-Roof-Installer

For the extra cost of having someone in to do the work for you, you get a 20 year guarantee so if there were any problems in the future it wouldn't cost you anything more to have the problems corrected, not that there should be any problems if it is done properly first time round. It would still work out cheaper to have it done now rather than risk further damage and costs if you get internal damp etc.
          Get a couple of quotes and take it from there.

Comment

A twenty year guarantee is only any good if the original supplier is still in business nineteen years hence, or if the insurance company through which it was agreed has not gone bust.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              A twenty year guarantee is only any good if the original supplier is still in business nineteen years hence, or if the insurance company through which it was agreed has not gone bust.
              Credit Card - Section 75 protection? (just keep hold of the statement!!)

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                Credit Card - Section 75 protection? (just keep hold of the statement!!)
                That's possible, but I'd expect that any claim made after the expiry of the limitation period (5 years in Scotland, 6 years in England, Wales and Ulster) would be time-barred.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                  If it's storm damage causing the problem couldn't you claim the repair/replacement of the roof and the redecoration of the interior ceiling costs under your buildings insurance? Storm damage is usually a recognised peril

If you can name a day/night when there was a particularly bad storm which cause the water penetration you should be ok. Insurance companies double-check historical weather conditions with the Meteorological Office so you need to be accurate on the date(s).

They could argue that your roof was already in a poor condition but you would say that it was fine until the incident. Which is true if you've not had water ingress on your ceiling before the storm.
                  They paid out today......It's taken 2 months of emails /phone calls ....

I even threatened them with the FSB after receiving this email from them....

Are you affected by the floods and likely to make an insurance claim?
                  Are you in the process of making a claim?

The FSB is concerned that some small businesses may be having difficulty making insurance claims, and securing swift and adequate settlements.

The FSB is also concerned that some small businesses are paying too high a cost to access adequate flood insurance and that having made a claim, businesses will incur a substantial increase in their future annual premium. Furthermore the Government is proposing not to include small businesses within the scope of its' Flood Re scheme* which aims to help households in flood prone areas gain access to affordable flood insurance.

FSB would like to hear about your experiences in order for us to present evidence to Government on behalf of our Members.

There is some urgency to collect this information and so we ask that you reply as soon as possible, preferably by 12 noon on Friday, 21st February.

Thank you very much indeed for your assistance, particularly at this difficult time.

Please reply to your local office at ..................................

Yours sincerely

Comment

Well done for keeping at them Deepie
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

They paid out today......It's taken 2 months of emails /phone calls ....
                      That's excellent news! Does this mean they will cover the cost of replacing your flat roof in a material of your choice? Maybe you should go for gold like a mosque. That would look nice

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                        That's excellent news! Does this mean they will cover the cost of replacing your flat roof in a material of your choice? Maybe you should go for gold like a mosque. That would look nice

The funds are in the bank...so yes I can do what I want with it...Roofer is booked in for the 18th...

I'm goin​g for the........... PVC single-ply membrane

Comment

Nice one Deepie! Out of curiosity mate (and tell me to mind my own business!), they paid out on the basis of you doing it, or did they want 3 quotes/suggest someone in your area?
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                            Nice one Deepie! Out of curiosity mate (and tell me to mind my own business!), they paid out on the basis of you doing it, or did they want 3 quotes/suggest someone in your area?
                            I only had to supply two quotes........... ie two for the roof, and two for the damage inside.....

All from tradesmen......

Comment

I only had to supply two quotes........... ie two for the roof, and two for the damage inside.....

All from tradesmen......
                              got you. so you sitting back and making the tea or getting up on the roof and keeping the change?
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                                got you. so you sitting back and making the tea or getting up on the roof and keeping the change?
                                I'll make good the inside bit......

Comment

Working...
                                X